USERNAME:  PASSWORD:
Facebook social Twitter social Youtubesocial Flickr social Pinterest social Google Plus social

Topdeck Travel :: Tour Discussions :: General Tour Discussion :: International Sim Cards - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
El

International Sim Cards (25th Jul 11 at 2:01pm UTC)
Hey everyone,

I leave for my trip soon (2nd September) and have been looking at international sim cards as Telstra charge a lot for roaming. I know TopDeck does a sim card but are there any good deals on international sim cards??

Hoping to get some feedback on this one soon

Cheers,
El {Smile}
Carly

Re: International Sim Cards (26th Jul 11 at 12:39am UTC)
Hi El

I got a sim from GoSim.. Found their rates to be quite good, 15c texts etc and they don't charge you if someone calls you
El

Re: International Sim Cards (26th Jul 11 at 10:00am UTC)
Oh thanks Carly, will defo have to check it out!
Charmain

Re: International Sim Cards (28th Jul 11 at 1:36am UTC)
Hi Carly, I will be coming to Oz in Sept for 23 days and wondered who you're cheapest Telco is for getting a sim card while over there? I am currently with vodafone in NZ and they charge me 0.80c per text!! I would need one that covers various parts of Oz as I am starting in Melbourne via Adelaide, Uluru right up to Darwin. Thanks :-)
Heartagram666

Re: International Sim Cards (28th Jul 11 at 6:07am UTC)
I would just go for a Vodafone sim card in Australia, they are approx $10AUD and a $29 top up should give you approx $130 credit.

This is what I had when I lived there for 4 years, returning to NZ. I never had a problem.
El

Re: International Sim Cards (4th Aug 11 at 10:42am UTC)
Hey Carly, how is GoSim with Facebook, banking etc? Any good?! Anyone got any other recommendations?!??! {Smile}
Cass

Re: International Sim Cards (4th Aug 11 at 11:13am UTC)
Hey guys, I ended up going with back chat .... http://www.backchatmobile.com.au/ it was $99 for my sim card (micro for iphone) but it comes with $75 worth of credit. the rates are really good while in europe and the uk... im going for 7 weeks so $75 credit was worth it for me!
Jen_L

Re: International Sim Cards (5th Aug 11 at 4:48am UTC)
Hi all,

trying to get the Topdeck sim card but don't have a voucher code! I went and put in my reservation number to see if that worked but no luck. Can anyone help?

Timeless Trail 2011 - Aug 18
jpeter

Re: International Sim Cards (24th Dec 11 at 2:08am UTC)
Hi, I'm using holidayphone during my foreign tour. They providing cheap and best services. Pl check the site prepaid sim cards There you can check more details.

international SIM
Michaela Maree

[Avatar]

Very excited to be going on a TopDeck tour this year. Can't wait to meet lots of new people and have loads of fun :)

Re: International Sim Cards (2nd Jan 12 at 4:54am UTC)
im going to the uk for 10 months is it worth going with back chat and will the sim fit in my iphone 4?
thanks
Md. Rahil

Re: International Sim Cards (27th Dec 12 at 12:22pm UTC)
Hi every one. This is the main problem we faces when we want to go to abroad. I used T Sim cards purchase from mumbai, it is really helpful and have very charges. Roaming is available in more than 50 countries.
 Printable View