Winter Wonder Dec 27th-Jan 9th 2009-10 trip

Hi![br][br]My name is Amanda and I was wondering if there is anyone else out there going on this tour over New Years??? My fiance and I have never been to Europe and we are getting excited!!! The countdown is now officially on!!![br][br][br]Amanda[br]

Hey[br]Im going on this tour too!!! Im excited!! ;D [br]Have you worked out where we’ll be for New year?[br]Where you from?[br][br]Kat[br]x[br][br]Winter Wonder 27/12/09

Hi Kat![br][br]We are from Sydney Australia! I see your from the UK. How exciting!! have you been to Europe before? This is our first trip and we are spending a week in london before the tour and travelling ourselves afterwoods! [br][br]I think we will be in Rome for New Years! We cant wait! Only 9 weeks left!! Are you travelling with anybody? How old are you? We are both 25! Would love to keep chatting![br][br]Amanda

Yeh im from the UK, I live about 2hrs outside of London, so ill be travelling down on Boxing day and staying in the UMI hotel. Are you staying there? [br]Im 23 and travelling by myself, i did a trip to America earlier on this year by myself and ive got the travelling bug now![br]The only place ive been to is Paris, so its going to be all new places for me too and I cant wait! It should be really pretty in the winter too! [br]Where are you travlling afterwards? [br][br]Rome will be amazing, its one of the places im looking forward to going to most ;D i wonder what we’ll do on New years Eve?[br]Where are you looking forward to going? [br][br]Katx[br][br]Winter Wonder 27/12/09

Yes we are staying in the UMi hotel that night also! We should so meet up that night! We are also being joined by my fiances best friend that night! He is travelling on tour with us also! Oh America would have been nice! We are thinking of going there next year after we get married. I know what you mean about the travelling bug! Ive been to Bali before and on a few cruises and I just couldnt wait to book Europe![br][br]We are doing London for a week and then the tour, then belguim, Paris again and then hongkong for 4 days before returning home! We are both school teachers so we have the holidays off together which is excellent![br][br]I was wondering about new years eve too! Im sure it will be awesome! Im basically looking forward to everything really! i wanna see paris and italy i cant wait for! Also we’re thinking of taking the snow optional excursion in Switzerland so i cant wait for that either![br][br]have you heard of anyone else going on our tour?[br][br]Amanda xx

yeh that would be great if we did, a few drinks or something the night before? Im sure there will be other people that we’ll bump into thats going on our tour as well![br]ooo great, so theres 3 of you coming, or are you and your fiance flying over first?[br]America is brilliant, i did a pre organised tour like this one through a company called Trek America and it was brilliant.[br][br]wow so youre away for a few weeks then, itll be so much fun. You worried about the cold? Everyone seems to be that ive seen on here whos going on a winter tour! Im used to the cold living in “sunny” England ha ha! [br][br]Im sure theyll have something organised, either way its got to be better than spending it the way we normally do! itll be something to remember anyway! [br]Whats the Snow optional excursion, ive not had a proper look at the optional excursions![br][br]Ive been looking on here for a while to see if anyone posted anything about this trip and i havent seen anyone so far, although the trip that departs on 03 Jan seems to be VERY popular! [br][br]Kat[br]x[br][br][br][br]Winter Wonder 27/12/09

Well we have to wait to the school holidays start for us to fly over but Craig (my fiance)'s mate is leaving to spend some time in ireland first and then joining us for the tour part of our trip. We then part ways again after the trip and he goes onto japan for some snowboarding, whilst we continue Europe and finally hong kong.[br][br]Yes i am worried about the cold as our winters here are hardly any more then a light jacket needed lol Im trying not to think about it! Even our snow season requires a tshirt only some days! But i think we are going to buy a winter jacket each when we fist arrive in London. Ive been told our clothes are not really suited to your weather! lol[br][br]I think the ski trip in an option in Salzburg: Approx ?80 Cant really pass that opportunity up i dont think we both love snowboarding in Australia![br][br]Your right about Jan 3 everyone is going on there!! I thought our tour wouldve been popular though being over nerw years and all! I guess well find out sooner or later lol[br][br]Its fun looking at all the chat rooms and seeing what ppl are asking!!! Saves me the trouble lol So other than travelling the world:) what do you like to do for fun? Are you studying or working? Where else would you like to travel to?[br][br]Amanda xxx

ah right, hows longs the flight for you, you must have to stop off somewhere? Ireland is really nice, which part is he going to?[br][br]ha ha, by the sounds of it, it may be a bit of a shock. Youll definately need a winter coat. Im planning on taking jeans and hoodies and tshirts to go underneath and some thick socks too! I hate nothing worse than having cold feet! lol By the looks of things on this forum, its pretty casual and we dont need to take much going out party stuff?? i may take a couple of nice tops just in case :slight_smile: + hat scarf and gloves.[br]So are you pretty much in tshirts or light jackets the whole year round?? Im jealous!!! [br]Actually waiting to buy a winter coat until you get here is a good idea, the Christmas sales traditionally start on Boxing day, but the past few years theyve started before Christmas day because of the recession blah blah. You could get a real nice outdoor coat for a bargain! [br]ah right, that does sound good, although ive never been skiing or snow boarding before! Its something i definately want to try though! You reckon the trip will be just for experienced skiiers/boarders? So do you snowboard alot then? [br][br]yeh, ive seen loads of posts about 03 Jan, although our trip is a guaranteed departure, which i read is a minimum of 20 people.[br][br]I work full time at the moment, in an Animation company doing finance and payroll (thrilling lol)but it pays to keep me going places i want to go :slight_smile: I like to keep fit, i do a lot of running, i got a race in a few weeks time actually. Theres loads of places id like to go, back to America definitely, the landscapes change so dramatically on the west coast its like your in a different country! Id love to go to Australia and New Zealand, Asia too. Loads of places really!! South America, South Africa, theres just so much to see!!! [br]So what do you do in spare time apart from Snowboarding? What made you decide to come on this trip, or is it something you both wanted to do before you get married?[br][br]aaah ive written an essay!!! [br]speak soon[br]xx[br][br][br][br][br][br]Winter Wonder 27/12/09

Ahhhh our flight is 26 hours with a 2 hour or so stop over in hong kong on the way over! Thats why we are visiting hong kong for a few days on the way back to break up our flight after we are tired! lol[br][br]Yeah the weather in Australia is great! It does get cold in winter but only really cold for a couple of weeks during the winter season and as long as you have a jacket on its all good! Yeah we know its gonna be freezing!! I dont think Craig has really registered how cold its gonna be![br][br]Yeah weve been snowboarding every snow season for a couple of years now! Im not the best, still learning my turns and all but Craig and Brendon are awesome! I dont think the topdeck trip will be that expreienced im sure it would be small hills so that everyone can enjoy the experience![br][br]Craig and I also love going to the gym and we have just started walking our dogs more regularly in preparation for all the walking we are bound to do in Europe! We just took the dogs down to the beach a couple of ays ago and they had a ball![br][br]We are big movie buffs and love going out for lunches and dinners just us and with our friends! We also LOVE trivia! and we have a group of work friends whom we go with to our local club every tues night We’ver actually won a few times! We call ourselves the “chalkies” lol a little pun cause we’re all teachers! What do you like to do apart from keeping fit? Do you like like reading? have you read Twlilight???[br][br]How did we decide to go to Europe??? hmmmm…well we’ve always wanted to go to Europe and America before we have children and we thought we’d start with the most expensive trip first lol We’ve tavelled to a few aussie states between us, Ive been to bali and on been on cruises and craig has been overseas a little with family before he met me. We had already planned europe before we got engaged so thats why we decided to get married next year not this year! we wanna do america next year too so that then we can think about kids. I soo cant wait for this europe trip!!! im counting in weeks and days now lol[br][br][br]Sorry i cant believe how much ive written!!:o Im really enjoying your emails though! Speak soon!!! Oh are you on facebook??[br][br]Amanda xxx

ouch, that is a long flight!!! youll be knackered, can you sleep on flights? some people seem to be able to but some cant.[br][br]ha ha i cant imagine just needing a little jacket in winter, that would be so easy! As long as you got a decent winter coat, scarf, gloves and hat and wear sensible warm clothes underneath youll be ok :slight_smile: although saying that im used to the temperatures! lol[br][br]yeh hopefully it will be, id love to try snowboarding or skiing, one of my friends is off to Canada in a few weeks for a month to learn to be a snowboarding instructor or get get some sort of qualification. If i did try it, im sure id provide you with a few laughs falling on my ass, as i hear for the few few times you try it thats pretty much what you end up doing???[br][br]aww that sounds nice, what kind of dogs have you got? Whenever Ive been to the beach (there isnt any nice local beaches near me) seeing dogs playing about in the sand is soooo cute! [br][br]I love watching films and going to the cinema, although tickets have got REALLY expensive so dont go as often as id like. I like going out with friends and having a few drinks and maybe a bit of a dance too :slight_smile: but lunches are also good, especially when it involves paninis! i love crusty bread and baguettes so ill be in heaven in Paris! lol [br]I also like reading, all different kinds of books, Ive read Twilight and loved it!! im actually in the middle of reading the first one again…is that stupid? lol Have you read the whole series?[br]I still havent seen the film though, people that i know that have read the books say they were a bit disapointed with it, so its put me off a little bit, but im sure ill still end up watching it! [br][br]Yeh i can imagine its expensive, and its so far away as well! I knew it was far, but didnt realise it took that long! YOu should try and do america as a honeymoon or something? Is there places that you particularly want to visit? The weeks are going to fly by, its November next week isnt it!?[br][br]Yeh i am on facebook, im under Kat Jane, i think im the only one, my profile pic is me sat on the edge of the Grand Canyon if that helps at all, if you add me you can see pictures of my trip to America this year, its in 2 parts Mountain Trail part 1 and 2 :)[br][br]Im glad i have someone to talk to about this trip now, no-one seems to understand why im so excited !!! [br][br]xx[br][br][br][br][br][br][br]Winter Wonder 27/12/09

Hi! My partner and I are doing this tour as well ;DWe are very very excited and the countdown has begun- looking forward to seeing snow for the first time!!! I’m 20 he’s 22. I’ve heard it’s already snowing in Italy so it’s going to be Extremely cold by the end of December. We have never travelled to europe (or anywhere overseas)so the whole trip will be an eye-opener. we love water-skiing and cannot wait to try snow ski/snowboard. [br][br]Looking forward to hearing more from both of you x [br][br]Jess

Hi! My partner and I are doing this tour as well ;DWe are very very excited and the countdown has begun- looking forward to seeing snow for the first time!!! I’m 20 he’s 22. I’ve heard it’s already snowing in Italy so it’s going to be Extremely cold by the end of December. We have never travelled to europe (or anywhere overseas)so the whole trip will be an eye-opener. we love water-skiing and cannot wait to try snow ski/snowboard. [br][br]Looking forward to hearing more from both of you x [br][br]Jess

Yeah We are hoping we can sleep on the flight! We fly out the day after Term 4 ends so Im sure we are gonna be buggered even though our excitment will probably override that lol![br][br]Yeah snowboarding is hard to get the hang off and yes lots of bruises are involved initially!! Its really hard to get off the ski lifts in the beggining as you have to go off sideways but its all fun and lots of laughter every time you fall lol[br][br]I have two dogs, a whitish/caramel maltese/****zu called Sandy and my little man Pedro who is a Chihuahua/mini foxy (he is so cute looks like a baby husky or german shepard) Im watching them right now!! Its early sat morning and they came out of their kennel to say hello and then decided its too early lol and went back to sleep! Cute hey???[br][br]Oh and yes I really like twilight too! This is gonna sound sad but Im actually into my 3rd reading of the series! Yes ive read all 4 books almost 3 times! I also really enjoy the movie! yeah its a little differnt but the scenery and the charcters really brought the book to life for me!! You should watch it and see what you think?[br][br][br]JESS!!![br]Yay we have found someone else on our trip!! How exciting! Oh wow so you have never seen snow??? I hope we do see it for you then Its beautiful! I bet the snow over there is heaps different to our so called “snow season” lol.[br][br]I see your from Australia too! Where abouts are you from? Im from Sydney! Im so excited for you doing your first overseas trip!!! We will be in a group of 3 on our tour and my fiances partner Brendon has never been overseas before either! I am just getting so excitied! How many weeks and days is it now??/[br][br]Amanda xxx

Amanda, great to hear from you!! We are from Ingham, North Queensland - it’s very hot up here at the moment!!! On Christmas Day our family will be here with sweat beading off them, and Brennan & I will be Frozen in Italy haha. [br][br]It is 7 weeks and 3 days until we fly out (15th December), time is flying!!! I bet u can’t wait until the School year is over, knowing that there is a big holiday at the end! We are overseas for 5 weeks which should be a good break from work. Brennan is a marine mechanic, and also drives the Cane Harvester during the cane season. I am a property manager in a local real estate agency. You’ve obviously been overseas before, where did you go?? We haven’t even bought any of our thermals or anything yet - we are a bit slack!!! I plan on buying my jackets over there though becos our jackets here aren’t suited to the climate overseas. And plus, i dont particularly want to go over our baggage limit on the way over - if i did, i would be in trouble on the way home!!![br][br]Snowboarding - Ahh It sounds SOOOOO FUN - i can’t wait! Brennan has this idea in his head that all he is going to do over there is ski - ufortuntaly the trip only has 1 day of skiing, so hopefully we get the time to go skiing/snowboarding ourselves after the trip (fingers crossed on the 15th January, cos i will be 21!!). So are you involved in any sports in Sydney?? I play soccer & squash and also water-ski at every opportunity!![br]Jess xx

Amanda, great to hear from you!! We are from Ingham, North Queensland - it’s very hot up here at the moment!!! On Christmas Day our family will be here with sweat beading off them, and Brennan & I will be Frozen in Italy haha. [br][br]It is 7 weeks and 3 days until we fly out (15th December), time is flying!!! I bet u can’t wait until the School year is over, knowing that there is a big holiday at the end! We are overseas for 5 weeks which should be a good break from work. Brennan is a marine mechanic, and also drives the Cane Harvester during the cane season. I am a property manager in a local real estate agency. You’ve obviously been overseas before, where did you go?? We haven’t even bought any of our thermals or anything yet - we are a bit slack!!! I plan on buying my jackets over there though becos our jackets here aren’t suited to the climate overseas. And plus, i dont particularly want to go over our baggage limit on the way over - if i did, i would be in trouble on the way home!!![br][br]Snowboarding - Ahh It sounds SOOOOO FUN - i can’t wait! Brennan has this idea in his head that all he is going to do over there is ski - ufortuntaly the trip only has 1 day of skiing, so hopefully we get the time to go skiing/snowboarding ourselves after the trip (fingers crossed on the 15th January, cos i will be 21!!). So are you involved in any sports in Sydney?? I play soccer & squash and also water-ski at every opportunity!![br]Jess xx

Hi Jess, [br][br]Looks like we are flying out just a few days after you! We cant wait! Yeah ive been overseas but only on cruises and to bali but my fiance craig has been to america, hongkong and figi! This is our first overseas trip together though![br][br]We do go to the gym every couple of days and do classes and walk our dogs and occasionally go bike riding but other then that we are not really into team sports! We usually play a few oztag games at work with our students and thats always fun![br][br]We are involved in planning our wedding at the moment which is sooooo much fun!!! well for me anyways lol What else are you in to?[br][br]Amanda xxx

Hi Jess![br][br]Do you have facebook! If you do maybe we could chat more on there before our trip!! I cant wait!!![br][br]Amanda

Amanda, Yes i do have facebook - Jessica Serra. my photo is currently me in races clothes with a fascinator. [br][br]5 and a half weeks til we fly out YAY - it’s getting so close and i am so unorganised :expressionless: [br]Planning your wedding?? it sounds like so much fun. Brennan and i have been together for nearly 7 years and i’m STILL waiting lol.[br][br]Chat on Facebook. x x Jess

ooo ive been out of the loop of this one a while, im on facebook more than on here! [br][br]Jess so are you waiting for your boyfriend to propose? [br][br]Its really funny hearing you both say about how cold its going to be, cus i cant imagine it being really warm in Australia at the moment with the seasons the other way around, its hard to get my head around! lol [br]How cold does it get when its Winter?[br]xx[br][br][br]Winter Wonder 27/12/09

Hey Guys, my name is Lauren and I am going to be on this tour. I am going on it with my friend Kirsty. We are both teachers and taking advantage of the holiday break. We are travelling a both before and after the tour. We are visiting Ireland and Scotland before, and country side England afterwards. Then with our flight back we are stopping over in Kuala Lumpur.[br][br]Not long to go now :D[br][br]Lauren