Winter tours

Hi,[br]Is anyone planning on doing a winter tour. I am thinking of booking the 18 day tour in Nov - so would love to chat to anyone else planning the trip:)

Hey! yeah I booked to go on the Euro Getaway Nov 29th (booked out now). Im really excited. but unsure of what the weather is going to be like and how rugged up we will have to be?

I’m thinking i need to invest in a good quality jacket. Have some thermals… evenings out is a bit harder to judge[br]

Hi Starlight,[br][br]We are booked on the 12 day tour leaving London on the 23rd December! I think it is going to be really cold. The other day Mountain Designs was having a sale on thermals (two for $50, so we went and I got two tops and one pair of bottoms, but I am not really sure if that will be enough because we probably won’t get much time to wash clothing…[br][br]I also already have a Goretex(which is a breathable wind proof and waterproof material) jacket…[br][br]The advice I have from others who have been is layers…Would love to hear any other suggestions though!;D

I have booked to go on the 31st Jan ;D I can’t wait. Its so far away tho… [br][br]If anyone else is doing this tour let me know.

I have booked for the 27th of November on the Winter European Getaway for 18 days…[br][br]Is anyone else on here going on this tour???[br][br]Cheers[br]Andy

Hey Andy. See discussion Euro Getaway Nov 26th. I think its the same tour!!!

[quote]Originally posted by Kay-Leigh[br]
I have booked to go on the 31st Jan ;D I can’t wait. Its so far away tho… [br][br]If anyone else is doing this tour let me know.[br][/quote][br][br]Hi Kay-Leigh, Yep I am going on this tour, with my friend, we are so excited and glad to know someone else is going to be joining us!! where are you from? we are both on the Gold Coast.[br]Katie[br]

Hi Katie, [br][br]I am from Perth i am going on this trip with my boyfriend we are both 20. How old are you ?[br][br]I can’t wait:o) [br][br]Are you doing any travelling before the trip ? I am spending 3 weeks in Scotland/England.[br][br]Kay

I’m doing European Essentials on January 6th. [br][br]It’s going to be cold indeed![br]

hey Kay,[br][br]Yeh I know, I am so excited too, we booked way back in April so I have been counting down the weeks for ages!! I am 24, and my friend I am going with is 25- but we are both young at heart! haha!! We are going to America, skiing, for about 5 weeks before we go on the tour.[br][br]Can’t wait![br][br]What have you got planned in Scotland and England before the tour?[br][br]katie[br]

[quote]Originally posted by s@albelz[br]
Hey Andy. See discussion Euro Getaway Nov 26th. I think its the same tour!!![br][/quote][br][br]Are you sure there is a discussion for this Euro Getaway Nov 26th as i cant find it anywhere??? Thanks for the help S@albelz.

sorry Andy!! I apologise. Its the 29th. you would think i would know coz im going on it. (26th is the day i get to london. just got a bit mixed up). But id say this may be the tour you are on anyway. dont think they would have 2 going at once. but maybe they do??

Ah ok thats strange cause i would have thought on the reciept that they would have said to be there on the 29th and not the 27th… Is your tour for 18 days???

yep 18 days 29th Nov - 16th dec. I’d go by your itinery then. Maybe they do have 2 tours going at once. Must be popular. I cant wait!!! Have fun

[quote]Originally posted by s@albelz[br]
yep 18 days 29th Nov - 16th dec. I’d go by your itinery then. Maybe they do have 2 tours going at once. Must be popular. I cant wait!!! Have fun[br][/quote][br][br]Thanks anyway, Hope you have an awesome time on your too as well ! ! !

Hi Katie, [br][br]I am originally from Scotland I moved to Perth 7 years ago so I am going back to see all the family and do a bit of touring around the country. [br][br]Are you staying at the Globetrotters Inn the night before? [br][br]Only 87 days till I leave Perth.

Hi Kay-Leigh![br][br]I’m Katie’s friend Catherine who’s going on tour with her. We are staying at the globetrotters for the three or four nights before the tour starts so we are going to explore London a bit first…mainly the shops…he he he![br][br]So what made u want to move to Perth? Where in Scotland are you originally from?

Hi Catherine, [br][br]I am hoping to stay at the globetrotters the night before the trip, I haven’t booked the room yet so I better do it soon ha ha[br][br]My parents decided to move to Perth and because i was 13 at the time i had no choice but to go with them, but i love it here :o)[br][br]I am from a small village near Balloch, which is about 45mins Northwest of Glasgow.[br][br]How much are you packing, i am starting to stress a bit as i dont think i will be able to fit everything in my bag :o( [br]

I am packing very light! 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair sweatpants, couple of nice tops, hoodie, etc…I went to america with another friend once and we were basically spending the whole time skiing so she packed her ENTIRE wardrobe! including mini skirts and tiny clubbing singlets! she probably wore 5 pieces of clothing the whole time! My best advice is to go light on the makeup. I know a lot of girls (me included!) will often pack like every single piece of makeup they have, but the reality is that u don’t wear it most of the time and, if u do, its just powder and eyeliner really! My electrics will prob take up the most space! i’m taking my mobile, its charger, my camera, its charger, my ipod, its charger etc…sad how much we rely on it hey!