Winter getaway was fab!

Melmel is back and had the best time of my life!![br]It is now a low time to come back to reality and normal life. i had an fantastic time on tour around europe, we had the most amazing group. thanks guys!! Where do i start to describe our great leader (Michele) and driver(toot), who were there to help us and point out great landmarks…michele was just full of knowledge!! :stuck_out_tongue: hotels were a great way of touring, bc you actually got a bed and bathroom with one another person, and food was generally quite nice!! [br]we all had the best time of our lives, and at the moment nothing comes close!! [br]if you have any questions about topdeck, (they are so much better then contiki), or europe just gives me a yell!! [br]till next time[br]Mel [br]smile[br][br]Smile[br]Keep safe[br]Mel

Hi, sounds like you had an excellent time! Question for you - what was the age range of people on the trip? I’m looking to get an idea of the average age.[br]Thanks!

Hi Mel,[br]Have you actually been on a Contiki tour? how do u justify that top deck is so much better? Everyone i know who has been on contiki has raved about it. i’d like to hear your thoughts as I’m still deciding.

Hey ok,[br]yes i did have an fantastic time!! the age range was very wide spread from the ages of 19- 28years old (sorry i cant remember the oldest person) to tell you the truth i didnt even concern myself with people’s ages, of cause you ask but i tend to forget things like that. this was prob due to everyone getting along![br]no i havent been on a contiki tour, but from asking people questions and just getting a feel for things. topdeck is trying to push their company and get the competition. i just enjoyed topdeck because it doesnt have the “name” that contiki does! but it does party hard, as well as show you the sites of europe! it depends if you want to go for the big organisation or choose an under dog and see how great it could be!lm sure which ever you choose, you have a blast! my leader and driver looked after me very well…my hat goes off to them…50 people to entertain and keep count on- wouldnt be an easy job but they did the job without breaking a sweat!! [br]anymore questions, i dont mind!![br]mel[br][br]Smile[br]Keep safe[br]Mel

glad to hear that losing terribly in the dance off didnt spoil the trip too much chicken! Don’t worry though, keep practicing I will visit oz in a few years and you can try again![br]Hope you are enjoying being home, get some sun for me am dying to see some sunshine again![br]

Hey you!![br]Great to hear from you. Losing to you in the dance off, was my own actions to increase your self confidence…and it was all part of the “big plan”…just hope your not upset when hearing this!!! :stuck_out_tongue: nar it was fun…lol, u better come visit in a few years…lm actually coming back over in 2 years once i finish my degree. its to hot here…bring back the winter!![br]keep safe[br]miss ya[br]mel[br][br][br]Smile[br]Keep safe[br]Mel

how much was the winter getaway exactly? and would it be on for Winter 2006/2007? what are the general dates? from dec-jan? jan-feb? i’m sure touring europe in winter and touring in summer would be two different experiences worth goin’ on but because of the winter weather, would you say you ‘lost out’ on more compared to the summer tours? [br][br]my friends and i are planning for jan-feb 2007!

how much was the winter getaway exactly? and would it be on for Winter 2006/2007? what are the general dates? from dec-jan? jan-feb? i’m sure touring europe in winter and touring in summer would be two different experiences worth goin’ on but because of the winter weather, would you say you ‘lost out’ on more compared to the summer tours? [br][br]my friends and i are planning for jan-feb 2007!

Hi Kay[br][br]I went on the Gettaway with the other Mel. Also had the best time ever!![br][br]Winter gettaway was about $2,500 and only operates in WInter months. Being away at Winter time was great!! Totally different to summer Im sure, the weather could be a bit of a pain but didnt stop us from doing anything! We still went out at night in the freezing cold, just stored out jackets in the coat rooms :)It was beautiful being on the gondolas in venice while it was snowing!![br][br]If you go in Jan you and your friend will ahve a blast-just pack for cold weather![br][br]Mel.