Wifi

Can someone please explain to me how wifi works? Do I need to set anything up or do I just fire up the lappy and connect to their network?[br][br]Europe 10/08/2009 - 28/10/2009[br]European Emperor 20/08/2009[br]Bravo Italia 30/08/2009[br]

Well, if your laptop(i’m assuming you wanna connect your laptop?) has wireless configuration, which it should. It is easy. When turned on, your laptop will detect the wireless network. You can then connect to the network allowing you to have an internet connection. You would probably require a password from the network providers.[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Hi,[br][br]I’m going on the Mega European tour and I was hopeful that someone could let me know if many of the campsites/hostels are equipped with wifi, just so that I know if it’s worthwhile bringing my laptop along?[br][br]Thanks.[br][br]Mega European 2009 June 28

I was curious about the hostels/hotels around UK and Europe and if they have wifi that i could use my ipod touch and connect in on their network? Does any past travels know?[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hi there, my past travels with my ipod touch have shown me that MOST hostels have wifi. They will give you a password that lasts for like an hour and then you will have to get a new password, some of them have no password and are just open access. [br][br]Wifi is simple, if your laptop is wifi compatible (ie you have an internal modem) then you can access wifi anywhere, so long as the network is not password encrypted. You dont need to do anything but ‘find’ the wireless networks on your computer.

[quote]Hi there, my past travels with my ipod touch have shown me that MOST hostels have wifi. They will give you a password that lasts for like an hour and then you will have to get a new password, some of them have no password and are just open access. [/quote][br][br]Thanks Lozzie, you’ve convinced me! ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands