Who are you flying with?

Just thought I’d ask everyone who they are flying with out of interest? What airlines you recommend or who have you had bad experiences with?[br][br]I’m flying with Emirates to Europe and British airways from London to Athens after my tour.[br][br][br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Hi Mike,[br][br]Good airlines. I flew emirates perth to paris last year and they were really good. And BA from singapore to london. [br][br]Only things is emirates planes aren’t as big as BA but I managed to get 2 seats to myself so that was good. [br][br]Going Royal Brunei this year - couldn’t resist the prices!![br][br]Enjoy!![br][br]:wink: if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun[br][br]* Pamplona 6 Day Fiesta 2009[br]* Athens to London July 13 2009

Hi,[br][br]We are flying Emirates also and we have a Rome to Athens flight with Olympic Airlines.[br][br]Ive never flown with either before - only with Singapore Airlines a couple of times. Ive heard Emirates are similar to Singapore Airlines.

I just got over to the UK and flew Royal Brunei - cheap flights were also the main reason! The flights weren’t bad, all quite short as the planes are kinda small, and were half empty until we got to Dubai. So try and grab a couple of empty seats if you can![br]One thing I would recommend on Royal Brunei is take along a book/ipod with movies/something to do because quite often the entertainment units don’t work - though you can always ask them to keep resetting them until they might work. But take a backup in case… otherwise the flights could be really boring![br][br]Morgan[br]Grand European June 16 2009

I am flying with Royal Brunei also. I hope thay are ok as I haven’t gone with them before. I will be taking an ipod and book just in case.

Flying the Qantas A380 to London and then Qantas back home out of Frankfurt,[br][br]Prague to Munich Explorer Sep 8-17[br]Oktoberfest camping Sep 17-21[br]Generator Hostel London Sep 6 and 7

I flew Royal Brunei from Syd to Brunei last year. Seemed kinda ‘budget’, our flight didn’t have individual entertainment units at all, just the screens in the aisle. And no alcohol (Muslim country). But comfortable, professional and pretty good food. [br]I’d like to consider my BA flight to London a 23hr open bar, Boony challenge anyone? Maybe thats a bad idea.

I flew Royal Brunei from Syd to Brunei last year. Seemed kinda ‘budget’, our flight didn’t have individual entertainment units at all, just the screens in the aisle. And no alcohol (Muslim country). But comfortable, professional and pretty good food. [br]I’d like to consider my BA flight to London a 23hr open bar, Boony challenge anyone? Maybe thats a bad idea.

We’re flying to and from Europe with Emirates and within Europe we have flights on BMI, Ryanair, Aerlingus, Croatian Air, Olympic Air and Aegean Air. I’m hoping they are all pretty schmick (and safe!)! We had heard good things about Emirates and we wanted a stopover in Dubai so that’s why we chose them for our ‘big flight’.[br]I have had bad experiences with British Airways, mainly customer service issues though. I watched one crew have a massive argument in front of me about where to seat a ‘difficult’ passenger - a mother with baby. And then they just took AGES to respond to the bell. [br]As far as the other international carriers I have used, Singapore were fabulous and Qantas have been a bit hit and miss. On one flight the attendant couldn’t have been more attentive and helpful, but then on another flight from Hong Kong to Melbourne they cut my colleague and I off from any more alcohol after 5 drinks in 5 hours! He was watching a movie and I was reading a book! Hardly behaviour to warrant ‘responsible service’ being brought in to play!! Particularly since on that amoount of alcohol intake we could have legally driven! Bizarre.[br][br]Europe 10/08/2009 - 28/10/2009[br]European Emperor 20/08/2009[br]Bravo Italia 30/08/2009[br]

I’ve flown Royal Brunei before (Perth to Malaysia) and they fed us really well!!! Was v-happy with that! lol. [br][br]Am flying Cathay Pacific to London via Hong Kong!! [br][br][br]Sandy[br]Essential Europe - 29th September 2009

Flying Etihad from Sydney to London and back again… Anyone with previous experience with Etihad?[br][br]Discover Europe 2009 [br](17th Sept 09 - 12th Oct 2009)

We’re flying with Royal Brunei - I hope they are OK![br][br]Our travel agent told us that they don’t serve alcohol on the plane, but she says you can take your mini bottles from duty free on if you want to have a drink or 2 to relax, and they don’t mind that.[br]Has anyone heard anything about them allowing that?[br][br]Jess & Tim[br]Essential Europe +[br]Berlin to Budapest[br]Aug - Sept 2009

Hi Jess and Tim,[br]I think the drinks you’re allowed to take on board would be limited by the security restrictions, ie the 50mL of liquid or whatever it is these days. I doubt the flight crew would kick you off the plane for having a drink.

Hi Jess and Tim,[br]I think the drinks you’re allowed to take on board would be limited by the security restrictions, ie the 50mL of liquid or whatever it is these days. I doubt the flight crew would kick you off the plane for having a drink.

Ive flown all sorts of airlines. Im a paranoid flyer and only like flying the BIG well known airlines! I am a Qantas baby through and through, but not too sure about flying this new airbus A380, they dont seem to have been around for long enough to have been ‘fully’ tested and just seem way to damn big to even get of the runway!!! :)[br][br]I have flown Air New Zealand (good airline!), Qantas (always good, like the Aussieness of the flight!!), British Airways (bad experiences with a few things, dont like flying them) as well as ezyjet, Ryanair etc. [br][br]This trip i am flying Malaysia airlines. Supposed to be really good and free alcohol (of course my fear of flying means i need to semi inebriated to cope!!!). Have heard Etihad is good, but have never heard of this Royal Brunei that everyone seems to be flying, no alcohol on board, then no chance getting me through those doors! :slight_smile:

I’m flying with cathay pacific. Has anyone flown with them before. What’s it like

[quote]Originally posted by sassy232323[br]
I’m flying with cathay pacific. Has anyone flown with them before. What’s it like[br][/quote][br][br]Hey there,[br][br]Cathay is generally very good. The seats are like pods in the sense no one can recline into your space and vice versa. Where you want to ‘recline’ the seat kind of slides down. Good choice of entertainment and food pretty good for airline food…have fun![br][br]Prague to Munich Explorer Sep 8-17[br]Oktoberfest camping Sep 17-21[br]Generator Hostel London Sep 6 and 7

Hiya,[br][br]Im flying via korea air. Has anyone flown with them before? Im concerned about the seat space and whether anyone will recline into my lap with the seat style and whether I get my own tv or not…lol. Its going to be a LONG 12hr flight otherwise… :([br][br][br]Adela[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

thanks matt. cathay sound like i made an alright choice

I’m flying American Airlines direct into Paris then taking a Ryan Air flight from Paris to Venice where my tour begins. And then flying out of London on AA as well. From the US, no major airlines flew directly into Venice so it was easier for me to just fly AA and then just buy another ticket once I got to Europe. [br][br]I fly AA all the time domestically so I’m pretty familiar with them. But, I’m curious to know what people think of Ryan Air. I can’t believe how cheap their fares are, it’s great! Are most of their planes fairly small and cramped though? I’m guessing this is how they get away with their good deals?[br][br]European Escape[br]September 5-16[br]Venice to London[br]