Which Tour Should I Do?

Hi Traveller,[br][br]I want to do a Topdeck Tour in 2007, my only problem is trying to decide which tour to do (as there are so many to choose from) and for how many days i should go for. People, could you please give me your feedback on your tour experiences and for how days you think are long enough. I would greatly appricate all comments. :)[br][br]Thx Sara

hey Sara[br][br]i just got off the best tour of my life… ive done a few top deck tours and the 28day Grand European was defo the best u get to see so much with a lot of free time … ne questions let us no but i would defo b leaning towards that one!![br][br]hope that helps [br][br]tess

Hi Tess,[br][br]Thanks for your tour tip. I have the brochure and that was one of the tours i liked. What was the accomadation like?? Do you stay the in 12th Century castle in Germany? Did you do the tour alone or with a friend. If you did it alone, how did you go. I will be touring by myself. I am a little nervous about going alone.[br][br]Others, please give me your tour suggestion!!! I look forward to hear from you all.[br][br]Sara ;D

Hi, I’m about to book the grand european tour starting july 3rd 2007. ill be travelling alone. im pretty excited! first time travelling in europe! :-[sara i added u to my msn if thats ok? wanted to talk to someone who might be going over too! im from sydney! at uni… so looking forward to it!! very excited about doing this on my own too as well as a little nervous!! anyone who is going on this tour or who has been on the grand european or have travelled alone and has advice… feel free! :stuck_out_tongue:

I did the Grand European tour in August 2006 and had the time of my life! I traveled alone and am glad that I did because I met so many great people. When you travel for 28 days with dozens of other people, you share so many great experiences that you can’t help but bond with them. My tour ended on August 31st and I still receive emails from my tourmates on a near daily basis.[br][br]The accommodations on the Grand European are a combination of hotels, hostels and cabins. In some accommodations you share a room with just one other person and in others you may share with as many as seven other people. I prefer this type of tour to the hotel tours because you end up sharing rooms with different people and get to know them better. All the accommodations are clean and comfortable and most are close to the city centers. Some are pretty basic and just have clean rooms, communal showers and a bar but there are others that are more like resorts and are ensuite with pools, nightclubs and restaurants.[br][br]On my tour, the only stop we made in Germany was in Berlin and we did not stay at a 12th Century castle. Unless the tour has changed in 2007, you will stay at a nice hostel that has a bar and internet access.[br][br]My advice for this tour is to pack light. Try to stick to the suggested items list Topdeck provides. You visit many places on this tour and you move around often so the less items you bring the less time you will spend re-packing your bag every other day.[br] [br]The bottom line is this tour is what you make of it. I wanted to see the sights of Europe, party, meet new people and have great experiences and that’s exactly what I did. [br][br]I hope that answers your questions.[br][br]Cheers, [br]Bob[br]

[quote]Originally posted by bobr1973[br]
I did the Grand European tour in August 2006 and had the time of my life! I traveled alone and am glad that I did because I met so many great people. When you travel for 28 days with dozens of other people, you share so many great experiences that you can’t help but bond with them. My tour ended on August 31st and I still receive emails from my tourmates on a near daily basis.[br][br]The accommodations on the Grand European are a combination of hotels, hostels and cabins. In some accommodations you share a room with just one other person and in others you may share with as many as seven other people. I prefer this type of tour to the hotel tours because you end up sharing rooms with different people and get to know them better. All the accommodations are clean and comfortable and most are close to the city centers. Some are pretty basic and just have clean rooms, communal showers and a bar but there are others that are more like resorts and are ensuite with pools, nightclubs and restaurants.[br][br]On my tour, the only stop we made in Germany was in Berlin and we did not stay at a 12th Century castle. Unless the tour has changed in 2007, you will stay at a nice hostel that has a bar and internet access.[br][br]My advice for this tour is to pack light. Try to stick to the suggested items list Topdeck provides. You visit many places on this tour and you move around often so the less items you bring the less time you will spend re-packing your bag every other day.[br] [br]The bottom line is this tour is what you make of it. I wanted to see the sights of Europe, party, meet new people and have great experiences and that’s exactly what I did. [br][br]I hope that answers your questions.[br][br]Cheers, [br]Bob[br][br][/quote][br][br]hi Bob![br][br]Sara, I was also on the tour with Bob and 100% agree that it was a blast![br]Kristy[br][br]------------------------[br]31/07/2006 - heading to Europe !

Kristy and Bob…you crazy cats, hows the nipple counting going?[br][br]I agree that Grand European is one of the best tours you can do, It might seem like 28 days is a long time but you will find it flies by. There is also a spirit of europe trip which is pretty similar to the GE but a bit shorter which is also a pretty cool trip.[br][br]Good luck with your choice, maybe i’ll see you out there!@![br][br]Kim

I did the 49 day Mega European camping trip last July and it wasn’t LONG enough!! I wish we could have stayed in places for longer and even visited more places. It was absolutely fantastic and not a day has gone by since that I haven’t thought back on it fondly. I never wanted the trip to end (even though I managed to break a rib 2.5 weeks before the end of the trip and was in agony!). DO THE LONGEST TRIP YOU CAN AFFORD!!! And remember however long the trip is, pretty much half of those days will be spent travelling on the bus. Europe’s one big place!