Where would you live?

Hey experience travellers![br][br]I’m wondering out of all the amazing cities you’ve visted - where would you choose to live??[br][br]I’m heading over to Europe for the first time in April 09 and I’m going on a one way ticket. I’ve got an EU passport, so can pretty much choose any EU country to live in for a while…[br][br]I’m interested in everyones opinions! At this stage I’m thinking Florence, cos I already speak a little Italian and am keen to keep working on that![br][br]Thanks ;D[br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)

Hi,[br][br]I lived in Spain in 2004 when I was 16 and loved every bit of it!! Its a great place to live, although jobs are pretty hard to get I’ve heard. I have cousins who live there and one of them is moving to London because she’s finding it hard out there, but then again that goes with any country you head too!![br][br]Beside that you’ll be living in an EU country you can go to London one week and Amsterdam the next!! So I say set up home where you will feel comfortable!![br][br]It’s a great experience, I made heaps of friends and I didn’t want to come back but I had to finish school back home![br][br]Grand European 26th May 2009[br]

SCOTLAND. I feel like I have been raving on to Scotland to everyone since I got back but I just cant help it. Its a beautiful place, lovely people great food and it is like being at home. You fit in well and dont feel home sick there! But thats just me!

Not an EU country, but Turkey would be my #1 choice any day. Absolutely love it there, particularly the Aegean coast.[br][br]Other than that maybe Ibiza. I used to visit as a child and it’s gorgeous (once you get away from the party bit of it!).[br][br]KA x

Thanks for the ideas guys:) It’s great to get different people’s opinions.[br][br]I really like the look of Scotland, not so sure about the weather though! Although coming from Wellington, New Zealand - I’m used to bad weather…[br][br]Spain and Turkey both sound like amazing places too. Such a tough decision!![br][br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)

Yeah my boyfriend is from Bluff NZ so he absolutely loved it in Scotland. The landscape is alot like NZ too! I love the place, if I could move to Scotland tomorrow I would!

Easily Scotland. Except I hate the cold. A white Christmas would be awesome. Maybe one day as I have a British Passport.

I hate to break it to you, but the UK very rarely has a white Christmas. Put it this way - I’m 21 and I’ve never seen one! Admittedly, I’m from the south, but all the same, it doesn’t really happen. This year was looking like it might be, but it’s warmed up to about 12c in the last couple of days, so it’s looking unlikely now. [br][br]If it’s anything, I’d love to see a white Christmas too! [br][br]KA x

A white Christmas would be amazing! I’ve been in New Zealand for every Christmas - and it’s usually BBQ weather! Maybe Russia for Christmas??[br][br][br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)

heeeyyy theres nothing wrong with a BBQ on christmas day :stuck_out_tongue: we can go outside and enjoy the sunshine! hehehe.[br][br]A white christmas sounds awesome - go somewhere with snow![br][br][br][br]Lisa[br]Grand European 19 May 2009

heeeyyy theres nothing wrong with a BBQ on christmas day :stuck_out_tongue: we can go outside and enjoy the sunshine! hehehe.[br][br]A white christmas sounds awesome - go somewhere with snow![br][br][br][br]Lisa[br]Grand European 19 May 2009

Hey Gemime,[br][br]Thanks for the advice ;DIt’s fantastic to “talk” to people who have been there and done that! I’m a little worried about the whole job hunting thing - with the recession etc. I’ve heard the UK is being hit pretty badly. I’m in science, so will just have to see how things go as I have no idea what the job situation will be like… [br][br]I agree - I think wherever I go I’ll have an amazing experience, so I’m trying not to worry! It is pretty scary going alone, but I think the experience will be worth it in the end :)[br][br]Thanks again![br][br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)

I think it’s our perception that UK and places in Europe always have a white Christmas.

Germany! I lived there for a bit, and would love to move back. I already spoke a bit of German, but it didnt take too long to become fluent. There is TONS of stuff to do there (I lived in the South, near France and Switz), and its close to everything. On the downside, it can be hard to meet Germans to begin with, but there are lots of English-speaking people to meet too. Think about it! [br][br]And a white Christmas is over-rated. Im Canadian, and let me tell ya - shovelling snow is not pleasant, its wet and mucky, driving in it sucks… etc. I can see it as a fun novelty, but Ill trade you any day!