What was the best part?

If you have been on a Topdeck tour and there was a particular place/thing/shop/tour/activity ect… you absolutely loved or sad you missed or would love to do again please let me know.[br][br]We will be travelling over to Europe next year and don’t want to miss anything.[br][br]Thank you

Personally, I really enjoyed Italy as a whole. Especially Rome with the Colosseum and Vatican as those were top of my list for what I wanted to see. There’s definitely something for everyone. Lake Bled in Slovenia for example is the most stunning place that you’d probably never think of going to if you were by yourself. Mt Rigi in Switzerland was also amazing and probably the best place I stayed in my whole 3 months travelling. Again, how likely are you to stay half way up a Swiss Alp if you’re by yourself and not on a tour that goes there? From the tour I did (Europe Uncovered), every place was well worth it.

I gotta say I loved every minute of the tour, especially the people. Tim was a great tour leader and he and Brad really made the tour that much better. The other people on tour were great and we all got along so well. [br][br]In terms of places: Italy was absolutely amazing. Rome in particular and the Vatican. There’s just so much history and so much to do and see in Rome that you need at least a good two weeks to do the majority of it. The Austrian Gasthoff in Tyrol was probably one of the best places in terms of accommodation.[br][br]------------------------[br]European Wonder - September 10 to 23[br]Generator Hostel September 9 & 23

Hi Laura,[br][br]Sooooooooo many things to love about Europe! Each day was a new adventure and opened my eyes to things I had only seen pictures of.[br][br]Some of the highlights include Mt Rigi in Switzerland, Vaduz in Liechenstein, Andorra, Ljublijana in Slovenia and Prague. Florence in Italy and Vienna, Austria. I think I could go on but they were some of my favourite places.[br][br]A couple of places I would have liked to have visited were the city of Pompeii and Auschwitz in Poland.[br][br]But I agree with Canuck. It’s not just what you are seeing…its who you are seeing it with that makes it even more special. Go with an open mind and a sense of adventure and you are guaranteed to have a ball![br][br]Hey Canuck…was it Timothy Mark Arnold who was your trip leader? We had him and he was awesome. So much energy and enthusiasm and we had the same kinda music taste so his i pod selection suited me!![br][br]Raina[br]

Hi LauraJade, I would say…[br][br]Skydiving in Switzerland number one! Above all. [br][br]Also going out for dinner in Budapest (such a great cafe culture) and Avignon. [br][br]I found the campsites were the most fun to stay at where Topdeck has their own cooktent ie Switzerland, Rome & Venice. They may not be in the city centre but are great for relaxing and are more family-like.[br][br]Gah I wanna go back![br][br]Oh, make sure you know how to ride a bike. It’s a great way to see a city.[br][br]Amanda[br][br]Eastern Spirit 12th August 2009[br]&[br]Roman Chariot 15th September 2009

[quote]Originally posted by Magpie[br]
Hi Laura,[br][br]Sooooooooo many things to love about Europe! Each day was a new adventure and opened my eyes to things I had only seen pictures of.[br][br]Some of the highlights include Mt Rigi in Switzerland, Vaduz in Liechenstein, Andorra, Ljublijana in Slovenia and Prague. Florence in Italy and Vienna, Austria. I think I could go on but they were some of my favourite places.[br][br]A couple of places I would have liked to have visited were the city of Pompeii and Auschwitz in Poland.[br][br]But I agree with Canuck. It’s not just what you are seeing…its who you are seeing it with that makes it even more special. Go with an open mind and a sense of adventure and you are guaranteed to have a ball![br][br]Hey Canuck…was it Timothy Mark Arnold who was your trip leader? We had him and he was awesome. So much energy and enthusiasm and we had the same kinda music taste so his i pod selection suited me!![br][br]Raina[br][br][/quote][br][br]It was Tim Heff who was our trip leader. And it really felt like he was on vacation with us because he was having as much fun as we were. He was awesome! I’d definitely reccommend him to anyone, and definitely want to go on a tour with him again. [br][br]And “Bad Boy” Brad was our driver. Great guy as well, excellent driver.[br][br]------------------------[br]European Wonder - September 10 to 23[br]Generator Hostel September 9 & 23

Hi All,[br][br]Oh gosh, where do l begin? l just came back from the spirit of europe tour and l had such a awesome time![br][br]l’d have to say that the highlight of my trip was meeting my boyfriend. Definitely has made my trip amazing.[br][br]Second to that…oh tough call. l made so many awesome friends, saw so many magical places (Eastern Europe was my all time favourite) and had an absolute ball. l had Clem as my tour leader and Tom Tom as the driver and we had so much fun.[br][br]Cheers