What happens pre-tour?

Hey Everyone,[br][br]I am getting to London the day before my tour, arriving at the Umi hotel around 3. Is there a get together the night before the tour starts? Be great to meet some people before we get on the bus the next day.[br][br]Any information would be greatly appreciated![br][br]Thanks!;D[br][br]Raina[br]Discover Europe July 9th[br]Followed by a week in London

Hiya![br][br]As far as I understand it there is no proper pre-tour meeting the night before as some people come on the actual day however I think most people would be around the bar/restaurant areas so you may just want to have a wander around, smile and introduce yourself to people and ask if they are on your tour. [br][br]Hope you have a great trip!!! [br][br][br]Adela[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

ive been talking to one girl thats going on the same tour as me and we are meeting up the night before for a get to know you drink.[br][br]Shannon[br]european getaway sept 5

Hey Sassy232323,[br][br]Im leaving to go on a topdeck tour same day as you (different tour though). Am planning to book a night in the topdeck hotel on the 4th then, (generator is it?) will you be staying there that night too??[br][br]Amanda[br][br]Eastern Spirit 12th August 2009[br]&[br]Roman Chariot 15th September 2009

Hang on, ignore that. Silly me. Im leaving the 15th not the 5th. Dam hehe[br][br]Amanda[br][br]Eastern Spirit 12th August 2009[br]&[br]Roman Chariot 15th September 2009

thats cool. im lucky. I have relatives in surrey im staying with 2 days prior to my trip so i saved a bit of money then.

Hi Adela,[br][br]Thanks heaps for the reply! I did a Contiki tour a few years ago to New Zealand and we had a pre-tour meeting the night before the tour started, so I was wondering if Top Deck did the same. So guess if they don’t I will do as you say and walk up smiling to people who look like fellow travellers ;D[br][br]I hope that you have a fantastic trip![br][br]Raina[br]Discover Europe July 9th[br]Followed by a week in London

I couldn’t do that. I am a bit too shy to go up to strangers and say hi are you going on my tou lol.

Hey Sassy,[br][br]I kinda agree with you, I am nervous about it. Would prefer to have a proper group meeting where we actually meet people who are doing the tour. Just thinking that I could be approaching people looking like a crazy person smiling like this;Dand they aren’t even on the tour!! Could get me in a bit of trouble :o lol[br][br]I am just hoping that as I am exactley a month away from leaving on the tour that I will get in contact with someone who is doing the same tour, to at least have one familiar person to see when I arrive.[br][br]Anyone doing Discover Europe July 9th?? Anyone??? Love to hear from you!![br][br]Raina[br]Discover Europe July 9th[br]Followed by a week in London

I am lucky that i have found someone going on my tour already considering it’s not untill september.

Hey magpie + sassy,[br][br]I know what you mean about approaching people and being all super cheerful and kinda scary…lol, however I think part of the experience is putting yourself on a limb. Unless your going with friends your pretty much going to need to bond with people and pretty quickly at that. Remember that you have already decided to go on a tour and that itself is a VERY brave thing to do. Wish I was going on your trip cuz you would see me as the crazy nutter smiling at you and saying hello :wink: I think that most people will be pretty shy anyhow so if you be brave and approach them first im sure they will be very grateful. Nobody wants to be end up the tour loner im sure.[br][br]Stay positive [br][br][br]Adela xx[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

Im so hoping i get talking on here to more people going on my trip. I have so many thoughts and questions about going there i want to know if everyone else is the same having so many or is it just me.

Thanks Adela, that really is good advice and I really wish you were on my tour! I have wanted to see Europe for years and you are right about staying positive. It will only be what I make it and I need to go in with the right attitude. Reading your message has helped to life my spirits and think about what a great time I am going to have and to not be quite so nervous.Thank you so much for that![br][br]Take care of yourself and I hope that you are having fun getting ready for your trip too! xox[br][br]Raina[br]Discover Europe July 9th[br]Followed by a week in London

Hey magpie,[br][br]What a sweet message! Thank you chick :slight_smile: You will have an absolutely amazing time I am sure of it :slight_smile: Im actually in the process of making a facebook account so if your on there feel free to add me - abyrski01@yahoo.co.nz (Adela Byrski - NZ network). I will try and keep it updated so if you have any questions or want to keep in contact whilst on tour (mine starts on the 26th of june) then feel free to drop me a line.[br][br]Adela xx[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

Hi Adela,[br][br]Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Had parent-teacher interviews last week. I am glad they are over! I haven’t got a facebook account yet, although everyone tells me I should get one! So maybe set one up before I head off. It would be great to see how your trip was going and to see what tips you have! Thanks for the kind offer![br][br]I hope that you are getting really excited as you go soon ;D![br][br]Take care and have a really good time![br][br]Raina[br]Discover Europe July 9th[br]Followed by a week in London