What can i carry on the bus, question for admin

Hi Admin[br][br]I was just wondering if i can take an overnight bag as well as a suitcase. I just want something I can take that has my tolietries. I don’t want to carry it around to every destination but would like it on the bus with me for quick access. Can we leave bags on the bus while we’re exploring or do we have to find a bag that can carry everything. [br]Do you have any suggestions?[br]Thank you[br][br]Hayley Atkinson[br]Grand European[br]16th June 09

Hayley,[br][br]After HEAPS of reading up on everyone’s trip tips i have found that most people had their suitcase packed in the bus compartment and then a small bag with them on the bus. I’m planning on having my everyday bag (my pacsafe) with me on the bus and this will have all my knick-knacks like ipod, journal, tissues, travel pillow and basically little things to entertain me/keep me comfortable on the bus. Don’t see why you couldn’t keep your toiletries in your bus carry-on ;D Hope that helps![br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Thanks nicole,[br][br]Yea, thats what I mean…toiletries are my main thing though. he he Never know when you gonna need to feel fresh. I’m thinking cause they pick us up so early that you’re not going to have time to everything in the morning. But yes all below will be coming with me. But can you leave them in the bus while we’re exploring? So I can just take a smaller bag with me while touring? I really don’t want to take a huge backpack with everything in it around with me.[br][br][quote]Originally posted by nicoletta0511[br]
Hayley,[br][br]After HEAPS of reading up on everyone’s trip tips i have found that most people had their suitcase packed in the bus compartment and then a small bag with them on the bus. I’m planning on having my everyday bag (my pacsafe) with me on the bus and this will have all my knick-knacks like ipod, journal, tissues, travel pillow and basically little things to entertain me/keep me comfortable on the bus. Don’t see why you couldn’t keep your toiletries in your bus carry-on ;D Hope that helps![br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands[br][/quote][br][br]Hayley Atkinson[br]Grand European[br]16th June 09

Hi Hayley,[br]I wondered that myself. Reading other people’s posts I’ve read that people did leave things on the bus when they went exploring. Having said that, I also read one post- I think on the Contiki forum- That the bus got broken into and people had their laptops and all sorts stolen, so I would be careful there.[br]Hopefully somebody who has done a tour already can clarify this with us.[br]Jade

yeah you can leave stuff on the bus while you’re out. just check with the driver first :)[br][br]I left my sleeping bag on the bus most of the time aswhen we travelled long distances i would jump into my sleeping bag on the bus, put my ear plugs in and catch up on sleep! lol[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Thanks Guys[br]I wouldn’t mind leaving a bag with a few personal things in there. Not of any value. I just want to be able to carry a small bag around with me. I might want to change my shoes or something and leave them in the bus. [br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by whirlsie[br]
yeah you can leave stuff on the bus while you’re out. just check with the driver first :)[br][br]I left my sleeping bag on the bus most of the time aswhen we travelled long distances i would jump into my sleeping bag on the bus, put my ear plugs in and catch up on sleep! lol[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak[br][/quote][br][br]Hayley Atkinson[br]Grand European[br]16th June 09

I always had heaps of shopping left on the bus, my partner and I brought so much we had two extra carry on bags that were always on the bus!!! So im pretty sure a toiletries bag would be fine to be left on there!!

Thank you sooo much. It’s given me a better understanding. I have no idea what I’m doing. [br]Thanks everyone…[br][br][quote]Originally posted by JoJords[br]
I always had heaps of shopping left on the bus, my partner and I brought so much we had two extra carry on bags that were always on the bus!!! So im pretty sure a toiletries bag would be fine to be left on there!![br][/quote][br][br]Hayley Atkinson[br]Grand European[br]16th June 09