What bag did you take?

For past travelers… What bag did you take?

we’re taking a duffle wheely backpack.

That is what I am looking at too, but am wondering what brands ppl took. I have seen one I want to buy but am worried about sizing!

Have a look at Kathmandu. In regards to sizing i think that it’s ok to have a bag that is over in height but under in width in order to compensate for the extra height. The weight is the most important part.

The one I want to take is over in height but width and depth are in the guidelines, but have been told that it is too big! I might call TopDeck in Australia and see what they say!

I just need a backpack. I do not like heavy.

I have a Kathmandu pack that I am taking. Travelling for 3 months though so not quite sure yet how I am going to fit 3 months worth of stuff & keep within the guidelines…

just found out ours is a little bit big but will meet the requirements,

KateNKen, what are the dimensions of yours??

im going on the 49 day mega european tour in march and i cant possibly think how ill fit enough of everything in a small bag like that

I am also going to be travelling for a total of 3 and a half months… how do you pack for that long???

This is the question that’s stressing me out the most! I’m a fairly skinny person and can’t carry anything too heavy so I don’t really want to take a backpack type bag as it’ll probably kill me haha! I’m going on the European Pioneer tour at the end of May (36 days) and also spending some time in London beforehand.

I’m also worried about the guidelines etc as I can take home 32kgs… Do they only weigh ths bag at the beginning of the tour or at every stop???

I’ve gone with pack as there may be times you need to carry stuff and suitcases are not easy to carry, only good for smooth ground to wheel it, otherwise it’s difficult and that’s when the pack becomes easier. All up to personal preference. Maybe you should go try some out Courtz at Katmandu or macpac and get them to fit to your body and see how you feel

my husband measured the bags, so i cant remember the dimensions. but they’re within the limit guidelines

[quote=31273]Have a look at Kathmandu. In regards to sizing i think that it’s ok to have a bag that is over in height but under in width in order to compensate for the extra height. The weight is the most important part.

Thanks for the link, you think that bad is ok by the limits?

I might pick one up if they have it in black…

Probably take that and a black duffel bag…

Wow the kathmandu bag looks great. Exactly something I’m looking for. I’m gonna look into this design too (if topdeck approves size is okay… hopefully being thinner the height will balance the allowance). Cheers for the heads up!