Western Winter 7th Jan 2020

Hey! I’ve booked this trip departing on 7th Jan 2020, anyone else?

So exciting, only 4 months to go! :partying_face::partying_face:

Tiana

Hey!

Yep I’ll be on this trip too, 90 days now :slight_smile:

Hey Bree!
90 days is going to go so quick. Where abouts are you from?

It sure will!

Sydney :slight_smile: , I’m 24 and coming solo…how about yourself?

Oh cool another Aussie! I’m doing this with my friend Monique, we’re both from Perth.
Are you going anywhere else after the tour?

oh and I’m 21 and she’s 22 :slight_smile:

oh cool :D, love Perth!

Umm I’ll have friends in Banff as they’re about to move there for 6-8 months as snowboard instructors/just to board. So I’ll hang around with them. How about you girls?

Haha not many people have been here!

Oh that’s cool, we’d love to stay in Banff longer but we fly out to Toronto the day after the tour finishes :frowning:

Are you in LA for long before the tour begins?

oh that’s cool you’ll get to see alot of Canada then!

Yeah I land at 6am LA time on the 6th. Staying at the same Hostel as where we start from too. What about you?

Yeah i’m looking forward to Canada it’s gonna be so beautiful :heart_eyes:
We land on the 2nd Jan but staying in Santa Monica until our trip begins. What are you wanting to see most in LA?

oh thats great! hopefully not too hungover from NYE here hahaha ( if you go to origin fields)

hmm…tough one. I’m tossing up between disneyland and Universal, but also just all the iconic things like Beverly hills/walk of fame type stuff. What about you guys? Are you keen for vegas haha?

We leave Perth at 6am on the 2nd so we’re not going to origin cause we don’t want to be toooo hungover and need to save our money aswell haha, but if i’m not working i’ll probably have a couple anyway being NYE lol.

I think we’re gonna try squeeze in disney, universal, WB studios and possibly six flags as well as the other iconic things… gonna be soo exhuasted but so worth it! We’re just stuck on what to do when, like if we should do disney & universal etc before the tour starts or wait until we’re with a bunch of people (but some may do it before the tour starts) which makes it hard!

So keen for Vegas thats gonna be so much fun with the party bus and all!

Have you been to the US or Canada before?

6am?! so you have to be there at 3am…crazy haha I felt tired thinking I had to be at the airport at 8am when I depart (I live 1-1.5hr) from the airport.

WOW thats heaps! but good on you girls :slight_smile:
funnily enough a girl in my office just did this topdeck but ended in San fran instead of going onto Canada. She did Universal with everyone in the free day ( by everyone I mean the people she made friends with and her bf haha) but she said most people went, and a couple did disneyland.

I’ve been to hawaii ( if that counts as US) and never to Canada! Have you been to either??

yep gonna be an early start! We only live about 30 mins from the airport so could be worse lol.

yeah we figured if people are only getting there the day before the tour starts they’ll probably do the theme parks on the actual tour days… guess we’ll find out!

oh cool how was hawaii?! it looks sooo nice there. Never been over that way before so this will be a first!

Also i just found the other group chat on the app haha so many people already!

ooooh thats handy!

haha indeed, Hopefully most of our group stays on. I did a Topdeck in europe but joined halfway through and didn’t know it or how clicky everyone had gotten.

Hawaii was amazing! My sister got married there so it was a cool group of us, I was under 21 though so alot of adventures by day and tame nights…

Yeah heaps! When I went to europe we had a full facebook chat about a month out of the trip :slight_smile:

yeah hopefully! I think there could be people joining us in vancouver as the canada part is actually a tour itself. Same as the America part, some people may leave in San Fran. Hopefully the majority are doing the full length trip.

Where abouts in Europe did you go? I went on a topdeck through Europe (winter express I think it was called) at the end of 2016, it was so much fun! That was only 11 days though so this one being double the length is gonna be a bit different I think but should be good. I think for my topdeck we just stuck to the app and then made a group chat once we all met, but it’d be cool to get to know everyone on this tour beforehand in facebook chat!

yeah I just checked the chat and we have a guy joining in Canada :slight_smile:

I did mainly eastern Europe like hungary/poland/prague etc, mine was a 16 day trip and we stayed in london for a week at the end! I enjoyed it but am more excited for this trip.
Wow 11 days really is an express haha, no time for sleep with that one!

Yeah that’s cool probably as it gets closer people will use it to chat more. Alot of the people staying at the freehand the night before will want to do drinks at the bar or something too I bet :smiley:

oh how nice, eastern Europe looks so pretty!
Yep definitely no time for sleep on my last tour, we were always on the go! Hoping this one will be slightly more chill lol.
Monique and I are staying in Santa Monica until our tour starts, but if anyone is keen to meet up before our tour starts for drinks or exploring or something that’d be fun! i’m sure our group will chat about it all closer to the date like you said anyway.

Random-ish question lol but have you been skiing/snowboarding etc before?