Western Spirit Euro Club Tour 16-25th Sept

Hey people! Just wanting to get in touch with any others that are going on the Western Spirit Euro Club Tour 16-25th Sept 2008. Not long to go now!! Would be great to hear from some of you first. I’m Monique, 25 from New Zealand :slight_smile:

woot woot!! ur on mine!!! i finally found someone on my tour!! YEAH!![br][br]Ur on the first half of the Spirit of Europe tour :)[br][br]I’m Leeana, 23 from Australia :slight_smile: Where about in NZ are u from??[br][br]This is my first big trip overseas :slight_smile: oh, btw there is a facebook group too if ur interested :slight_smile: there are a couple of other people on there too :slight_smile: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13777301694[br][br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey Leeana awesome!! Nice to meet you, sorta hehe. Have you started packing?? Argh Im the worlds worst packer, I take a whole suitcase for a weekend! :wink: Got to find a decent list to help me pack!

lol I’m actually a pretty organised person lol, but i havent packed yet - I actually have no clothes that really fit atm (have lost a fair bit of weight) so am going shopping next month. so i think i will start looking at packing then - especially cos it will only be 2 weeks away!!![br][br]OMG I cant believe its so close!![br][br]I have a few bits and pieces though… mostly all the things like towel, locks, etc.[br][br]I dont think i will have too much problems packing (I hope!!!) cos i really dont want to be lugging everything around for 8 weeks lol!![br][br]Are u travlling on your own??[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

haha yeah Id still rather take more than have to handwash tho. So lazy! No I’m travelling with my friend James. We’re going over to Greece after the tour ends :slight_smile: R you by yourself??

Yep! lol[br][br]A bit nervous actually :-[ Ive never really been overseas (although Dad’s Kiwi, so I’ve been to visit the rellos - doesnt really count tho lol) and then I’m on my own!! lol[br][br]Should be great though!![br][br]I’m looking at separating from the tour for a day in Rome - gonna do a day trip to pompeii :slight_smile: I’m flying out of Rome later on, so I won’t be missing out ;D If you guys are up for it, you can always come along :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Good on you! Im such a woos when it comes to doing stuff like that on my own. I’ve heard from so many other ppl that have done it by themselves and they say its awesome, make friends for life etc. Will be cool to meet you! So when do our tours collide? Youre on a longer one huh?

I think we are on the same tour from the beginning and then you leave after rome… i think :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey! Just read your post and guess what… I’m gona be on the same trip!! Spirt of Europe departing 16th of Sep!!![br]Awesome to know that i won’t be the only aussie / kiwi on the trip! [br]Just like you Leeana i’ll be traveling by myself to!! It’s a crazy feeling huh!! Little bit scared but more excited than anything!! [br]So the facebook group is that just of people going on this particular trip or is it for all trips?[br]Can’t believe it’s getting so close now!! [br][br]It’ll be cool to meet you guys!

Oh and one quick thing![br]I’ve been talking to heaps of people who travel all over the world about bag safety and locks and all that and they all say the same thing! [br][br]Only use TSA (Travel Safety Authority) approved locks or just thoes plastic zip ties coz if they (security) want to check your bag then they’ll just cut your locks off if they can’t open them. Apparently they can do that. How much does that suck![br] [br]I’ve got two combination locks that are TSA approved and have a red indicator on them that pops up if the lock has been opened so i’ll at least know if security has had a look in my bag.

Hey Dan[br][br]I just replied to the other topic, but it does suck about those locks :)[br][br]i also have a TSA approved combination lock with the indicator :)[br][br]oh and the FB Group is for all of the tours on the Spirit of Europe tour :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey again guys, thanks for the tip on locks. Where can you purchase the TSA ones from?? Im in NZ, is there a website??

i know over here u can pick them up in any luggage shop… like strandbags or something… you might even be able to get them at Farmers or something like that :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey if you can’t get the locks then you should be able to get the numbered plastic cable ties! You just write down or take a photo of them at the airport and then if they are different when you get your bag back report it and don’t open it! But yeah like Leeana said you can get the locks anywhere that sells bags!