Water Proof Jacket

Hey Guys,[br][br]Im doing the European Pioneer om May 14th. [br]Was wondering what everyone is taking for warmth.[br]Do we need thermals in May? Should I invest in a Gortex Jacket or just buy a Fleece jumper and a poncho type thing??? [br]What is everyone else taking?

I have the same question Shannyn, i’m on the Grand European in summer so i don’t suspect i’ll need much warm clothes but for night time and such just not too sure what to take???[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

My Goretex jacket is one of the best things i took!![br][br]Windproof and rain proof it really came in handy!! While it didnt give me warmth, if i had my jumper on underneath then it would help keep the heat in.[br][br]It was really great in England cos it was always raining and it was so windy in Scotland! Plus on the tour it was great on the cruises that we went on for optional excursions as well as the cold, wet windy days :)[br][br]hope that helps![br][br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

[quote]My Goretex jacket is one of the best things i took!![br]Windproof and rain proof it really came in handy!! While it didnt give me warmth, if i had my jumper on underneath then it would help keep the heat in. [/quote][br][br]Leeanne where did you get it from??[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

I got mine at Kathmandu :)[br][br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

[quote] I got mine at Kathmandu :)[/quote][br][br]Thanks for that ;D I’ll have to check them out[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

They always have sales on, so if they dont have one on now, wait a couple of weeks and another one should be on :)[br][br]Gore-tex is quite expensive, so its always a good idea to wait for a sale if u can :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

[quote]They always have sales on, so if they dont have one on now, wait a couple of weeks and another one should be on :)[br][br]Gore-tex is quite expensive, so its always a good idea to wait for a sale if u can :)[/quote][br][br]Tell me about it! Just checked out a few sites and the prices are insane! i know they’re prob great jackets meant for anything but i’m not going trekking or anything lol. I’ll have to keep checking back for sales… or find some other place to get it from if anyone else has any suggestions for a reasonably priced light waterprooof jacket??[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

With this jackets do you mind advising how much you got it for on sale?? Just torn whether to wait it out and purchase one of these jackets when its on sale or to just one of those “water-proofish” winter adidas/nike jackets[br][br]Discover Europe 2009 [br](17th Sept 09 - 12th Oct 2009)

well, i actually got mine using mates rates… a friend of mine worked there and i got mine for about 70% off. I think i only paid about $120 for it.[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

That’s awesome, nothing beats mates rates that’s for sure[br][br]Discover Europe 2009 [br](17th Sept 09 - 12th Oct 2009)

hey i just got an email from kathmandu about a sale theyre having starting next wednesday. i can email it through to you guys if u want me to. Just leave ur email in here :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Would that be the Easter Sale with up 60% off all items??[br][br]For those interested Anaconda also have an end of season sale
http://www.anaconda.com.au/Specials.aspx[br]
[br][br][br]Discover Europe 2009 [br](17th Sept 09 - 12th Oct 2009)

[quote] i can email it through to you guys if u want me to[/quote][br][br]Thanks for the email Leeanna, will definately be looking into it ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands