Visas to Europe?

Heya. :slight_smile:

I’m going to do the Europe Winter Spirit in January 2014, and I was wondering about the visas?

I’m an Australian citizen, and don’t plan on spending more than ninety days in Europe. I read that all countries I’m going to are under the Shengen thing (sorry, I don’t know exactly what it’s called. xx() so I wont need a visa to visit them, but apparently England isn’t?

Do I need to apply for a visa to see England for a few days prior to my trip? If so, what exactly do I need to apply for/how?

All information will be grateful. :slight_smile:
Cassandra Pandaa

Hi Cassandra,

check out http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/TravelBulletins/Europe_Schengen

I don’t recall needing a visa for England. I think that if you are an australian citizen you should be ok. Maybe ask a travel agent, they will know for sure??

Hi Cassandra,

I’m pretty sure you don’t need a visa if you carry an Australian passport. The 90 days applies to the Schengen Area, not all of Europe - and the UK isn’t a part of the Schengen Area, which just means they will ask for your passport when you arrive in the UK and when you leave. So just be sure to bring your passport ^^

Yes, indeed, you don’t need visa to stay up to 90 days inside Schengen area. BTW, next time it might be advantageous to enter through Baltic state, Latvia for example, as the borders are less encumbered there (I’m referencing this, but don’t know if it’ll be any help, a the source is in Latvian).

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of participating countries(38 countries) to travel to the United States without a visa for stays of 90 days or less, when they meet all requirements which they have explained.