Visas - Europe

Hi all, apologies if this has been brought up in a past thread (I went back a few pages and couldn’t see one…) so thought I would go ahead!

With our tours across the EU, do we organise our own VISAs prior to the trip or is this done ‘on the road’ on tour?

Is this something Topdeck handles or it’s up to us to do so?

I assume it’s not like the UK (enter up to 6 months without visa) as EU is not a part of the Commonwealth…

I am traveling on a NZ passport but can get an AUS if it’s easier/makes a difference?

Cheers

From what I am aware of is that if visas are required then it is your responsibility to ensure that
you have all the appropriate documents to travel. Having worked in the travel industry before, we always stated that it was the resposibility of the person travelling to ensure that they have all the appropriate docs inclusing visas a good website to look at is www.visalink.com.au and that can help you but telling you if you require visas for your trip. Can be a bit of a lengthy process. But being a kiwi myself and travelling to Europe/ Scandi next year I know im pretty good for not needing a visa providing im not the country for more than 90 days at one given time…if that makes sense.

I hope this is of some help otherwise good luck on finding your answers.

also its a good idea to get your visas if needed before you go, as there is nothing worse then getting to your destination and being denied entry.

Hey Kiwis!

New Zealand passport holders are able to spend up to three months visa-free in most European countries

Check out the Government’s Safe Travel website here:
http://www.safetravel.govt.nz/destinations/europetips.shtml

For more specific information get in touch with your travel agent :slight_smile:

Topdeck Team

You rock admin! Thanks for the link.

Awesome. Yay for being a Kiwi lol.

What about for the Aussies??? Me and a friend are travelling on the Mega European in March and we want to know if we need any other Visa’s besides our UK working holiday Visa…

Cheers

I think Australian passport is almost as easy as a kiwi but not too sure.

Same for Aussies.

Its called the Schengen Convention which 25 countries have signed and you can travel in Europe for up to 90 days without a “Visa”.

I spent 85 days in Europe last year and didn’t need a Visa and I didn’t have any problems either.

Im heading to Russia this year and they aren’t part of it so you do need docs for there.

But I think if your are going to work at any point or want to spend more than 90 days then it is different.

ANNND for Aussies here is the smart traveller link!
http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/TravelBulletins/Europe_Schengen

its says the following countries are signatories…
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

My travel agent told me on NZ passport you don’t need visas for europe if you are only visiting up to I think around 90 days as Lottie has noted.
Do need for parts of Africa though, but Europe is all good on NZ passport.