Venetian Trail for honeymoon!

[color=800080]Hi,
I am thinking about booking the Venetian Trail for our honeymoon in August!

It sounds really exciting to travel around Europe and see lots of sights as a honeymoon, rather than lazing around on a beach for 2 weeks. Not sure if we will get an opportunity to go travelling much, so researching loads to make sure this is just right for us. We are both friendly and chilled people and not too bothered about being surrounded by other people for our honeymoon, so hopefully this will be right for us. I am 27 and my finance 31 from UK. Are there many other couples that go on these trips?

Just have a few questions to help make the decision, as really want to book soon. We are looking at the 19th Aug - 1st Sept tour (wedding on 14th, so perfect timing). Fiance really wants to see Rome and go around all the historical sites there, so was thinking of going a couple of days earlier to do that. Just wondered where the trip starts in Rome?That might sway where abouts I book the hotel. Are there timea when we could go off for occassional romantic meals in the evening?

Does anyone know what the hotels are like? We aren’t that bothered about the rooms, but really hope we can book double rooms, instead of twin rooms, can we do that?

Any extra information about what people think at about the trip would be really helpful,

Cheers ;D
[/color]

[quote=15328][color=800080]Hi,
I am thinking about booking the Venetian Trail for our honeymoon in August!

It sounds really exciting to travel around Europe and see lots of sights as a honeymoon, rather than lazing around on a beach for 2 weeks. Not sure if we will get an opportunity to go travelling much, so researching loads to make sure this is just right for us. We are both friendly and chilled people and not too bothered about being surrounded by other people for our honeymoon, so hopefully this will be right for us. I am 27 and my finance 31 from UK. Are there many other couples that go on these trips?

Just have a few questions to help make the decision, as really want to book soon. We are looking at the 19th Aug - 1st Sept tour (wedding on 14th, so perfect timing). Fiance really wants to see Rome and go around all the historical sites there, so was thinking of going a couple of days earlier to do that. Just wondered where the trip starts in Rome?That might sway where abouts I book the hotel. Are there timea when we could go off for occassional romantic meals in the evening?

Does anyone know what the hotels are like? We aren’t that bothered about the rooms, but really hope we can book double rooms, instead of twin rooms, can we do that?

Any extra information about what people think at about the trip would be really helpful,

Cheers ;D
[/color]
[/quote]

I heard the hotels change all the time according to vacancy… no. of people going on tour.

I’m doing this tour with my partners in July but I haven’t got my hotel list yet… But i really think if you are planning to stay in rome for a few days before hand then it wouldn’t really matter where you stay. Personally, stay at a nicer hotel to make up for the avg hotels on tour - considering it is your honeymoon! :wink:

I think the tour group meets at 4pm at a designated hotel. So, I guess you could just taxi it before that time (probably best to check how much travel time you require)?

Or perhaps you can call topdeck closer to your dep date to confirm… although i think you get your travel docs approx 8wks beforehand anyways.