Vatican

Hey… does anyone know if there is a special code of dress for females to enter the vatican? someone told me that we have to have our hair covered, is this true?

no you dont need your hair covered just your shoulders and your knees i believe. i was there in july

Hi Tarra,[br][br]We were there in Winter so jeans and jackets were the norm…We froze outside waiting in the queue! But you definetly didn’t need your hair covered!;D

Was it worth going to for the price?[br][br]Essential Europe Winter Tour- 23rd Dec

Yes definetly, we weren’t going to go coz we aren’t really into that sort of thing, but we ended up going and I am glad we did. From memory it wasn’t that expensive, I think maybe 14 euro at the most…:slight_smile:

hey guys thanks for clearing that up for me. [br]

Hi Tarra, [br][br]I did some research and steve is right, just knees and shoulders need to be covered :)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Some places that required knees and shoulders to be covered had little cape things that they provided (small cost? not sure as I didn’t need it). I know they did this at St Marks Cathedral, Venice. [br]Yes The Vatican is a must see. I loved it and I am not into religion etc.

hey there, we paid to go on a tour of the vatican through topdeck, I think it was about 38 euro but our tour lady pushed us in the line so we didnt wait too long, also we fast tracked to st peters basilica and we did it first thing in the morning so we had the rest of the day to do everything else!

Def worth the price! it was amazing (particluarly if u’ve read angels and demons, but even if u haven’t its great) i wouldn’t recommend paying for the guided tour though, it sucked cause 3 topdeck groups were merged so we had like 80 ppl and some of them were so slow! it was so packed there too that it made it frusterating trying to stay in a group and took ages to sort out entry and earphone and stuff… other ppl in our group did the self tour (with audio guide) and got in at basically the same time as us so ended up overtaking us and they could weave through the crowd better and go at their own pace. [br]Dress code is covered shoulders and knees.