vaccines

Are any vaccines needed for any of the countries in Europe?[br]Anyone had to show proof of vaccines while traveling in Europe?[br][br]Thanks

hey :)[br][br]check out this site http://www.tmvc.com.au/ its where we used tor reccommend as a TA :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey… I went to a travel doctor a few months ago and asked about this. I ended up getting a typhoid/Hep A vaccine as I am going to Egypt. But as for europe, the travel doctor said there were no essential vaccines. But he reccommended a flu shot as you’ll be in airports/strange places with many people. So I got one of those. He also gave me tips to travel health.[br][br]I reckon it’s a good idea to see a travel doctor. Especially if you are travelling for a longish period of time.[br][br]Pharaoh’s Footsteps: Oct 18th, 2008.[br]Winter European Getaway: Nov 25th, 2008.

I had the Meningococcal vaccine (for type C only). My GP recommended it due to traveling in a large group. I was already up to date with my other vaccines due to the nature of my job. Tetanus shot would also be a good idea to have.

I am going to study in America for a semester after the tour and have had to get soooo many innoculations. I am not legally allowed to study there unless I have them.[br][br]Chicken pox[br]Diptheria[br]Whooping cough[br]Tetanus[br]Hep B[br]Meningitus[br]Measles[br]Mumps [br]Rubella[br][br]But I have travelled a bit before and never had any shots.[br][br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

[quote]Originally posted by O K[br]
I am going to study in America for a semester after the tour and have had to get soooo many innoculations. I am not legally allowed to study there unless I have them.[br][br]Chicken pox[br]Diptheria[br]Whooping cough[br]Tetanus[br]Hep B[br]Meningitus[br]Measles[br]Mumps [br]Rubella[br][br][br]Did you not have some of these at an earlier age?? I know i had the rubella needle when I was at school. I think also the chicken pox, measles and mumps. That would mean i’d only have to have 5 of the others if i was to go lol

i know i need the chicken pox one - cos even though i was immunised when i was younger - ive still never had it![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

I had the MMR twice- as a baby and when I was 12 but the measles immunisation had worn off and so I had to have the injection for all three again. [br][br]I had chicken pox when I was 7. I think I had tetanus at 12- but I was overdue for another. Some of the other shots I may also have had as a child but cannot recall.[br][br]I had to get blood tests to prove what I had been immunised against- and it was surprising to learn that some things that were supposed to be permanent had worn off.[br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

they can check it?! i had no idea they could do that!! thats awesome![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak