Uploading photos during the tour?

Hey fellow travellers,[br][br]Again this may seem like a really dumb question but if I want to upload photos when I am away to send in emails or put on face book etc what do I have to do? [br][br]Would it be best to take a memory stick to put the photos onto and then add them to emails etc from there? Or can you just put your memory card into the computer? Like I said might be dumb, really obvious questions but I really don’t know…[v]:-[[br][br]Oh…also wanted to share really good tip I heard from a friend last night…take a powerboard with you so that you can charge or use multiple items, incase the room only has one plug![br][br]Any help would be appreciated on the photo issue. Thanks everyone! I have 7 days before I leave…;D[br][br]Raina[br]Discover Europe July 9th[br]Followed by a week in London

hey[br]ive got a usb memory stick to save all my photos on to so that i dont have to delete any. also managed to buy from amazon.co.uk a usb memory card reader. as i wasnt sure if all computers would be able to read memory cards. [br]good idea on the multi-plug thing[br][br]camilla[br][br]Europe Unplugged[br]22nd Aug - 12 Sept 2009[br]

Powerboard is a really good idea…if you have enough room in your bag![br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

yeah the powerboard is a great idea, but there is no way one will fit in my bag :([br]i guess if people just charge their cameras, phones etc and unplug them as soon as they’re charged so someone else can use the powerpoint, it should be sweet.[br][br]…Colina…[br]…Grand European - July 28th 2009…[br]?The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.? - Saint Augustine

Hi Raina,[br][br]I’m guessing your not taking a laptop with you and just wanting to use the computers in internet cafes??[br][br]I believe that memory card slots in computers is a relatively new thing! You should have a cable with a USB end that will connect camera and computer! The other thing you could look into is an portable hardrive! Might be some more space on it than a memory stick - dont think they’re much more than a memory stick (just a thought.)[br]Hope this helps - thanks for tip on powerboard - will have to see if theres enough room in the bag!!![br][br]Court

I’ll just be using my USB (Camera to Computer) cable and I’m considering picking up a 320gb Portable HDD as that should be more than enough space to store pics on from the entire trip… As mentioned above don’t think a Memory stick will have no where near as much space as a portable HDD…[br][br]Discover Europe 2009 [br](17th Sept 09 - 12th Oct 2009)

I have a 1GB memory card for my camera and it holds 1200 pics so I think that will be plenty![br][br]I suggest just buying more memory cards, they are reatively cheap…[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Hey Everyone thanks heaps for your help with this![br][br]Ede, the Portable HDD sounds like a good idea.[br][br]Court, yeah not taking a lap top, just relying on internet cafes. Just wasnt sure if I would be saving things on foreign computers or how easy it would be to put photos onto emails etc but will make sure I pack the USB cord for my camera.[br][br]Camilla, might see about getting a USB memory stick too. Thanks for the tip.[br][br]Mike - I picked up my powerboard and looked at my backpack and thought hmmmmm I don’t think it’s going to fit, so considering a double adapter…bit more compact…but you are exactley right…it will come down to space!![br][br]Thanks for your helpful advice. 5 days until I leave!;D[br][br]Raina[br]Discover Europe July 9th[br]Followed by a week in London

have a great trip, [br]your right there was a few occations where 4 people shared 1 plug. so a double adapter is good.[br]i took 8gb worth of photos. took a couple of SD cards.[br]and that was really just photos not vids.[br]320 is a bit much, but better to be safe than sorry.[br]all the net is charged on time, so it depends if your going to have enough time or willing to pay to load all your pics. (the net isnt cable speed) [br]you will have a great time though.[br][br]- beer is the answer, but i forgot the question- [br]summer fun & sailing[br]May 15th 09

[quote]Oh…also wanted to share really good tip I heard from a friend last night…take a powerboard with you so that you can charge or use multiple items, incase the room only has one plug![/quote][br][br]I heard this a while ago and thought it was a good idea so i picked up a double adaptor… but here’s the problem… european converters “in” plug has only 2 prong holes while every single double adaptor/power board i can find has 3 prongs therefore the double adaptor doesn’t fit into the converter!! :frowning: If someone can find a double adaptor with 2 prongs please let me know but otherwise no use taking it!!![br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hey Nicole,[br][br]I am a bit confused about what you mean. I bought a single European converter plug which I think will be plugged into the wall, it has 2 prongs to go into the wall and then 3 prongs for me to plug things into. Then I have a double adapter that I will fit into the converter. I just tried to put it in then and it fit so I assuming that will work?[br][br]Have decided against powerboard too big but have a small double adapter so plan on taking that, that way have least 2 plugs?[br][br]I think I am doing the right thing??[br][br]Raina[br]Discover Europe July 9th[br]Followed by a week in London

Yeah Magpie that sounds like it willwork, unfortunately my adaptor has prongs to go into the wall then ONLY 2 prong spaces for me to plug my appliances into the converter. I found that all double adaptors have 3 prongs not two therefore it wouldn’t fit into my converter. I hope that makes sense :)???[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hey Nicole,[br][br]Now i get what you mean! Sorry I was just confused. I was wondering if I was thinking the wrong thing about what I was taking. I hope that you can find something that works.[br][br]Have my backpack packed and head off tomorrow.[br][br]I hope that you have a really great trip!;D[br][br]Raina[br]Discover Europe July 9th[br]Followed by a week in London