Ultimate Egypt in April 2012

Hi Sarah,
I am also looking at travelling to Egypt in April next year on my own!
I’m a bit apprehensive about going on my own! What about you?

I travelled to Egypt early this year on the Pharaohs Footsetps tour and it was great :slight_smile: Ever since coming home I have been looking to go back!
It’s an amazing place, so much to see and do! Very different to life here!

What’s your reason for wanting to travelto Egypt?

First time overseas- how exciting!!

Egypt will blow your mind! Such an incredible place!

My tip would be to definitely just be prepared! Have your visa, insurance and transfers all organised well before hand! I found being prepared like this, always knowing where I needed to go and where I was going next really helped my experience. Going somewhere like Egypt is a culture shock in it’s self, totally different from home and being in a strange country where you don’t speak the language at all and you have no understanding of your surroundings can be quite daunting!

Definitely would do a tour, I think it’s the best way to get around and see things and also is good fir the obvious safety reasons. Even my friends in Egypt say that it’s not the best idea for foreigners (especially women) to go wandering around on their own, just like in any country you are not familiar with.

But the people are the most warm and kind people you will ever meet!

Oh and don’t forget your camera :wink:

Well that’s definitely a good reason to be celebrating! Congrats :slight_smile:

I was wanting to go earlier just because I couldn’t wait to get back there, but due to work commitments it’s looking like April is when I could get the time off to go! And I guess it’s not really that far away! Haha! And it’s still going to be nice there weather wise…not too hot!

Are you keen on this tour?

Don’t forget travel insurance.
It will protect you from accidental damages, theft of belongings and delays in trips. You can consult some reputed insurance brokers like Globelink Travel Insurance to help you suggest the best travel insurance based on your nature of trip.
globelink.co.uk

Sorry Sarah, I’m not sure if this posted before, its not always appearing when i log in, so I will post it again…

I was wanting to go earlier just because I couldn’t wait to get back there, but due to work commitments it’s looking like April is when I could get the time off to go! And I guess it’s not really that far away! Haha! And it’s still going to be nice there weather wise…not too hot!

Are you keen on this tour?

Yeah the demonstrations there are a bit worrying! Again especially as a female solo traveller!

Last year I was booked to go in February but because if the demonstrations the tour was cancelled and we had to rebook for April. I was covered by insurance though so I wasn’t really left out if pocket. Was an experience though!

Fingers crossed the situation improves by April!

Are you thinking of waiting to see what happens there for a while before booking?

:)

Hey,

I’m looking at going in April on the tour starting 10 April, and will be travelling alone. I am also worried about whats happening over there and finding it a bit hard to find travel insurance that will cover me if I have to cancel or rebook - so annoying!

pah89, you mentioned to have your visa ready. Most things I have read say that you can get your visa when your there, do you know anyone who did this? I like to have everything prepared before I go but if I can do it there, and its easy enough I was going to do that.

Hope to maybe meet you guys!!!

Hi Melissa :slight_smile:

Yes you can get the visa at the airport- but I’m the same, I wanted to be prepared and have everything all sorted rather than leaving it the last minute and risking anything going wrong!

Do you mean your having trouble finding travel insurance to cover you in case you need to cancel if you change your mind? Or if you need to cancel because of unforeseen circumstances there (like if there are more protests) or like if a family member dies and you can no longer travel?

My insurance was really good and I got all my money refunded. If the official travel warning issued by the Australian government is upgraded to “do not travel” tours and flights will be cancelled and your insurance will cover this. This was the same situation I was in last year.

I’ll private message you my email address so you can email me if you like? Might me easier than communicating here!

I’d be glad to meet up and answer any questions you might have and talk about the trip! :slight_smile: