Trip Songs

I was just wondering about trip songs, I heard from a friend that went on a Contiki tour that they had a trip song that they played in the bus each day. It sounds kind of cool, does topdeck do anything like this.

we didnt have that on our tour, but i had heard that they usually do :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

I have just finished the Spirit of Europe Oct trip and yes we had a trip song. I think it depends on your tour leader? If not suggest it!!![br][br][br]Chell[br]Spirit of Europe[br]14th October 2008

I think if there is no trip song its not worth the trip. I also did contiki and now everytime i hear the morning song (with a hangover) it brings back memories, we also had a wake up song! meaning when we were about to stop for our destination or just a break we were woken up by a loud song, If you have seen Zoolander or a clockwork orange you will understand how powerful a trigger song is

our song to wake us up for a stop break was “Ive been everywhere man” by Johnny Cash! We all hate the song now!

lol we had Damo making bird calls and then whispering “wake up!! wake up!!” lol it got so annoying by the end of the trip![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Depending on your driver/trip leader you may get a ‘wee stop’ tune (i.e. they start playing it on the bus as you get close to your next servo stop)[br][br]Ours was ‘Dakota’ by the Stereophonics. I’ve heard it once since the trip and oh my god the feelings that rushed in as soon as it started were incredible…[br][br]I don’t think I’ve been at such an indecision to crank the radio up/turn it off in my LIFE! lol[br][br]It’s kind of like those songs they play on the radio over and over and over again until you’re so sick of them you can’t stand them…then months/years later you hear it again and it becomes your favourite song ever. Crazy.[br][br]EURO ODYSSEY OCT08[br]Can’t wait!!![br]

I hope my trip leader has one in store for us

me too! that sounds like so much fun… although it could have the effect where the song scars you for life lol[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 2009 :slight_smile:

I used the songs from our contiki trip as part of the soundtrack to the footage i shot from the tour,… when i showed my mates from the trip (4years later) they were ahhhhh that soonngg ahhh I love it, everytime we hear those songs we just hav a laugh and remember the mental times on the bus…

thats what i have done with my film fottage and pictures dvd :slight_smile: there are some songs (like mr brightside by the killers) that will always remind me of all the fun times![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

That’s a great idea to put the trip songs to video footage! I won’t be taking my video camera but i do have a digital photo frame that plays music so i’ll be able to store all my pics and the music on that when i get back[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

I had Damo and Brad on a tour last year and had “wake up its a beautiful morning” to wake up to. We tried to have “follow the leader” as a tour song but Damo wouldn’t have it.>:([br][br]Bec

lol i had brad and damo too… but they told us that they had never actually worked together… maybe its a different brad, cos our brad only came back to TD this year… weird!![br][br]i love damo tho!! he rocked :slight_smile: and brad was hilarious!![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

From Paris to Berlin and every disco we get in my heart is…[br][br]Woo what a song - listen to it everytime I want to think about the holiday, tres awesome![br][br]Then we had oompa loompa for our toilet breaks ;D

lol from paris to berlin followed me around in Europe! lol everywhere i went it was playing :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Yeah ‘from paris to berlin’ and with actions and everything! when ever i want to think of my trip i put that song on and memories of the best night ever in Paris come rushing back.[br][br]We had a wake up song too - ‘have love, will travel’ by the black keys and i just listen to the intro and all the great times rush back![br][br]suggest a wake up song if ur trip leader doesn’t have one… and make them teach u the actions to ‘paris to berlin’

I did spirit of europe aug 08 and our trip song was scotty doesn’t know from eurotrip. much to the chagrin of tl- jodie. our wake up song was spice girls. it’s amazing how once you get home you hearone of the songs randomly and it invokes all these great memories of the trip.

Good trip songs but i want to say that which is latest trip song which have a strong base i didn’t find any good collection if anyone know here than share here back…

I hope so. I went on a Contiki in Europe in 2009 and we had 3 songs … 1 for waking up on the bus, 2 for the day and 3 for partying at night. I still have flash backs now if I hear them and even had the wake up song as my alarm for ages afterwards lol good times ;D