Travel Insurance

Hello[br][br]I am trying to decide which travel insurance to get. My health provider Medibank will give me a 10% discount and my travel agent will give me a 25% discount off their insurance but there is still a $400 difference. [br][br]I guess I will just have to sit down and read all of the small print to fine out exactly what they cover and what they don’t.[br][br]So my question is, what travel insurance did you get and why?[br][br]Thanks heaps![br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

well, i got Covermore because i used to sell it when i was a travel agent and i know all of the ins and outs and what it does/doesnt cover. i was actually in charge of our sales in the insuarnace area, so i knew the product back to front and could compare it to some of the other products.[br][br]do u mind if i ask what theyre asking you to pay and for how long you are going for??[br][br]some of the most important things to look at are medical expenses, cancellation/amendments, luggage cover and another good one is repatriation (if anything happens to u, eg death (it can happen!! my friends best man died at their wedding in thailand!!!) they will bring you back)[br][br]if u like i can let you know a bit more if u have any questions :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

I went with Allianz. I Paid $155 for 33 days few friends went with them when they went to Europe last year. They are pretty good have a good reputation. I’m stopping off in Singapore to see a friend on the way home and it didn’t cost me that much more to extend it.[br][br]I’m with Hbf and they didn’t cover me for everything Allianz did and with a discount there were still more expensive[br][br]Cheers[br]Jake

Heya[br][br]I am going away for 8 months. 8 weeks in Europe, 6 months in America and 2 weeks in NZ. [br][br]My travel agent suggested the Covermore International Premium Worldwide cover which is $1396, but she was able to discount it to make it $1044. I think that I am leaning towards this policy as Medibank doesn’t seem to include as much as the covermore.[br][br]Thanks for your advice, its very much appreciated![br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

Hi there,[br][br]I always buy insurance from Travel Insurance Direct on the internet. There prices are very good and they cover quite a lot. I wouldn’t advise buying insurance through your travel agent as I was one once and we made 50% commission of the sale, so you kinda get ripped off. I am also a HBF member and never get that one either as its too expensive for what it is.:slight_smile:

Does anyone know how much Topdeck charges for theirs?

hey LukeandAli - as a former travel agent u should know that to get the sale and TA would discount it so that they get the sale[br][br]OK - if its with covermore you could also look at the next option down which is the travel essentials and u could get them to mark it down too. to see that each of the policies cover go to www.covermore.com.au and “get a quote” there is a little button half way down once the prices come out where you can see what each of them cover. let me know if thats a bit too confusing :)[br][br]I didnt think topdeck did insurance :-/[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

hey OK[br][br]I have actually jumped onto the covermore webpage and put in for a quote for u…[br][br]i put it in for 245 days (1st may til 1st jan as an example) and this is what i got:[br][br]http://www.freewebs.com/leeanas-travel/quote.JPG[br][br]it wont let me attach a picture, but if u click on that link u can see what each of the options offer :slight_smile: and the prices. dont forget to ask for a discount :)[br][br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hello all![br][br]I’m doing camp America in New York before I do my topdeck tours and I get automatic insurance with them through AVI International. If I want to extend it, it’s only $100 a month. So effectively, I’m getting 8 months insurance for only $500 as I don’t pay for the 3 months I’m at camp! =) Not sure what their policy is normally, but I think I got a fairly good deal! [br][br]Allison[br][br]Pharaoh’s Footsteps: Oct 18th, 2008.[br]Winter European Getaway: Nov 25th, 2008.

I went through Allianz (World Care Travel, provided by Mondial Assistance). You can get online quotes. go to allianz.com.au