Travel Insurance

Hi,[br][br]Can anyone tell me what travel insurance you are using? I was reading through another posting and mentioned that ‘credit Card Insurance’ wasnt accepted.[br][br]The T&C’s state that ‘credit card insurance’ is often not comprehensive enough. My policy is with the ASB bank and thepolicy is under written by Southern Cross Travel Insurance. [br][br]Will this be acceptable?[br]

i used to be a travel agent and i can tell u now that a credit card insuranct is CRAP! doesnt matter who they are underwritten by, just try to get a copy of the policy - the bank will lead u around in circles and u still wont get anywhere.[br][br]Top Deck WONT accept a credit card as insurance, you will need to show them a copy of your policy and if u dont have one then they wont let u on until you do, so u will have to get some anyway.[br][br]I am using the insurance that i used to sell all the time, i know it back to front and i know that its got great coverage! I’m using covermore, and i have seen a lot of claims go through and you would be amazed at how much can go wrong!!! ::)[br][br][br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

I went to a travel agent and paid roughly $4 for their insurance. Then when I did my tour I didn’t even show it to anyone. Maybe it depends on the tour.

i shopped around a bit and found that alience (i think thats how u spell it) was the cheapest through some website… [br][br]i cant say it was only 4 $ haha i think i payed about 170 for 5 weeks. [br][br]the amount of coverage was really comprehensive, however i did not opt for cover on cameras laptops etc (my ipod and camera are cheap as chips anyways lol) but i think it was only like 20$ more for that

I went through Allianz Insurance.

Hey Guys, Thanks for your feedback on this. I emailed TopDeck at the same time as posting this, and as yet have not had an offical reply back from them. Waiting for my travel agent to get back in the country to follow up with her also.

I’m with covermore and i’m pretty sure that my sister had that insurance for the tour she is currently on.[br][br]Essential Europe Winter Tour- 23rd Dec