Travel Insurance HELP

Hi,
I’ll be doing Summer Fun & Sailing tour this summer and I know that we need to have travel insurance. I followed the travel Insurance link (www.golbaltravelinsurance.co.uk/quote/TOP09) on Topdeck FAQ page and tried purchasing individual/economy travel insurance; however, the message popped up saying that this company (Global Travel Insurance) only provides travel insurance to UK residents. Has anyone used them who is not a UK resident?
Has anyone used STA Travel Insurance and/or has any suggestions? Please help!
THANK YOU,
Daria

Ring around to get quotes on travel insurance as the prices can save you some money …

Also, Make sure when you do get travel insurance that it DOES include if your tour cancels due to not enough numbers, because there are so many insurance companies out there that exclude this

Did you pay with a gold (or above) credit card? Some provide travel insurance. Check with your bank and topdeck to see if its suffice though.

[quote=15386]Ring around to get quotes on travel insurance as the prices can save you some money …

Also, Make sure when you do get travel insurance that it DOES include if your tour cancels due to not enough numbers, because there are so many insurance companies out there that exclude this[/quote]

This is quite important. Look for insurance companies that cover insolvency (ie. when a tour/flight company go bankrupt, cancellations, etc). There aren’t many that cover this. I’m going with the Cover More by Flight Centre which covers this.

http://www.insure4less.com.au/

Are they any good?

[quote=15457]http://www.insure4less.com.au/

Are they any good?[/quote]

The Excel Plus looks good but it doesn’t cover if an airline/tour company goes bankrupt. I’d be more concern about the airline. I found out recently that the debts of Asiana Airlines have been frozen for the next year because they’re in that much trouble and I’m travelling with them. But considering that they’re still in business at the moment, I think it should be okay.