Travel Insurance for Australians

Hey there,[br][br]Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good travel insurance providers. [br]I have already had difficulties with one company so I am looking to go elsewhere. [br][br]Need to book soon, so any advice would be appreciated![br][br]Thanks!!! ;D[br][br]Carly[br][br]Grand European[br]25 August 2009

Good topic! im looking as well. travel agent quoted me like $660 for 2months. i checked RAC website n they offered me $400 something.[br][br]Edit: RAC is only in WA. Sorry. Try online quotes thru insurance companies… over in WA we have different companies, RAC, HBF, MBF, SGIO, etc. Usually if ur a member of one of them u get 10% off. [br][br]Travel agents are a rip off. I could have saved $200 booking my air tickets online. Same with travel insurance.

Yeah i know i was quoted $4100 for my around the world airfares but found one on best flights and got a travel agent to match it for $2600. So glad i did my research!!;D[br][br]Same with the travel insurance, my agent quoted my $2500 for 180 days and the cheap ones i can find are about $1000 for a year. [br]Its just the policy wording i’m concerned about because they are so confusing when they claim to cover u for somethings but if u read the exclusions carefully they don’t cover u…[br][br]Aghh doing my head in!! >:([br][br]Grand European[br]25 August 2009

I?m going with World Nomads ? they?re mega cheap, policy looks really good, and they cover you for lots of ?adventure? activities that other companies don?t. They?re also recommended by Lonely Planet.

Im going with travelinsurancedirect.com.au[br][br]It was pretty cheap, $190ish for 7 weeks… I havent used them before or made any claims though but they’ve been mentioned in the newspapers before so hopefully they’re alright!?

Covermore.[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Hey, [br][br]I say Covermore too.[br]Im a travel agent and we sell it at work. Great company.[br][br]:slight_smile: Sarah[br][br]Tapis Trail 20 August

i got ‘aussie traveller’[br]$1100 for 12 months[br][br]also QBE isn’t too bad.[br]a bit more expensive but[br][br]…Colina…[br]…Grand European - July 28th 2009…[br]?The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.? - Saint Augustine

I went with Vero insurance and it cost $140 but i’m not sure how much it would be if i didn’t work for bankwest[br][br]Nick[br][br]Grand European Tour[br]August 25th 2009

[quote]Originally posted by jessica1[br]
I?m going with World Nomads ? they?re mega cheap, policy looks really good, and they cover you for lots of ?adventure? activities that other companies don?t. They?re also recommended by Lonely Planet.[br][/quote][br][br]I had a look at them and they only cover items up to $250 or $1000 if you pay a bit extra. But even if you pay a bit extra in your policy, you can only cover up to $3000 in specified valuables. It is a good price though if you are not taking many items that are worth more than $250.[br][br]Europe 10/08/2009 - 28/10/2009[br]European Emperor 20/08/2009[br]Bravo Italia 30/08/2009[br]

Would anyone have any experience with Zurich. As I purchase my plane tickets with a premium credit card and am eligible for free travel insurance through them.[br][br]Also with the policy which you need to present prior to the trip does it need to state your name and other details, as I’ve contact Zurich and all they provide me is a booklet which outlines what the policy itself covers. Would this be enough?[br][br]Cheers,[br]Ed[br][br]Discover Europe 2009 [br]

covermore!!

yeah i agree covermore![br][br]KB

i got covermore, only cost me about $240 for 3 months coz i initially found a great quote online and then my travel agent said covermore would beat the quote for the exact same coverage!! ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Oh my god that is so good. [br]My travel agent just laughed and got embarrassed when we compared the prices… As there was a $1500 difference and the cheaper one was for longer. [br]But i’m going past America on the way home so that why mine is so expensive. Which travel agent was it? I had no idea covermore would price match. Was it Plan A?[br][br]Carly[br][br]Grand European[br]25 August 2009

I had booked everything to do with my trip through Flight Centre (Australia) and so i spent so much money with them. They quoted me a ridiculous price for insurance and so i thought i would look online and i found one for like $350 or so and so i printed it and took it to them. At first she wasn’t keen to price beat but when i nicely explained how much i had spent with them and that i had to take the best deal i got she them got covermore to benot just match the price but beat it ;D;D;D;D[br][br]The insurance is for UK and Europe with majority time spent in UK. I think you were right Carly, because i’m not travelling anywhere near America i’m in a different zone category and so the price is cheaper[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Travel Insurance Services recognize the importance of purchasing quality travel insurance before you embark on your journey. Price is important, but please be aware of the reduced cover offered by some companies or free policies. Always carefully compare the benefits of all the policies you research before purchasing.