Transfers - Gatwick to London

Can anyone shed some light on the best (and safest) way to get to the UMI Hotel from Gatwick? I’m travelling solo and get into Gatwick at like 10.30pm at night and want to get to the UMI Hotel with the least amount of hassle possible. Easybus to Earls court and then catch a cab to the Hotel? Train to Victoria or St Pancras and the cab it?

Is it worth getting an Oyster card for 2 (possibly 3 days) travel?

Also, what is the best way to get from the UMI Hotel to the Clink 78 at night (approx 9pm)?

My travel agent said that taking the train then the tube is cheaper and very easy.

Travelling from the airport on the tube will take forever…at least 45mins. Get the express train (not tube) to central London then get a cab or take the tube to your hotel.

The tube is an excellent way to get around London but not necessarily the best choice for long distance travel? x

I recommend the oyster card, we have done a few trips to the uk, and just top up again and go, if your gonna do some heavy duty tube travel id say yes… the tube is cheaper but longer, the express is a lil pricey, but only take 15 mins. if you got the time, take the tube.