Towels

I’ve been thinking, what has everyone done about towels? obviously I don’t want to take an ordinary one - cause it’ll take up too much space - take too long to dry, need I go on? can anyone suggest something as an alternative?

I bought a couple of microfibre towels from the gogogear.com.au website. They’re really really light and dry super quick. They are called menda towels and come in a couple of sizes

I’ve got a couple of microfibre towels from Kathmandu. I got the biggest size they had, I hate small towels! These are the ones I have:
http://www.kathmandu.co.nz/Travel_&_Commute/Equipment/60783/Luxury_Travel_Towel_v2.html

Same same here! You can get them from any camping store, you don’t necessarily have to spend alot. You can get whatever size you’re comfortable with, they dry super quick and roll up really small :slight_smile:

Kristy

Hi

I bought 3 microfibre towels (X-Large size 75cm x 150cm) from Kathmandu. Their price is $54.98 each but I got them a month ago at a 3 for the price of 1 special. I’m not sure if that deal is still on or it may now be 3 for the price of 2. You may be able to find a cheaper towel elsewhere, but here is the link if you want to take a look.

http://www.kathmandu.com.au//60782/Microfibre-Towel---Pouch-v2.html

Gary

If you’re doing a camping tour, take a camping clothes line and string it between your tent poles. Then once you’ve showered, this is the perfect place to dry towels. It’s usually long enough to do two at a time and if you take the travel towels, they will dry over night, even if it’s raining etc. Don’t worry about packing a towel wet, as long as you dry it that night.

Stacey :slight_smile:

Hi Sconny,

They would both work as a bath towel as they are really absorbent so if you just wanted something that would dry you after a shower you could go with either.

I got one of each and plan to use the original size to dry my hair and the mega size as my towel. The original size is not really wide enough to cover everything if you wrapped it around you. (guys may find it ok but girls have a bit more to cover lol) Also the original size may be a bit small and weird looking to take to the beach. The mega size is only the size of a bath towel, its definitely smaller than the big beach towels you can get.

Hope this helps

If anybody’s intersted, Kathmandu is currently having their Easter Sale and heaps of stock is 50% off. I just bought two microfibre towels for $24 each, instead of their usual price of $55.

You can get AMAZING microfibre towels made by Manduka (yoga mat company) from Lululemon Athletica. It is called the Manduka Equatowel and they come in several fantastic colours, are PERFECT for quick dry needs, and are the perfect size! That’s what my sis and I are taking on our Europe Unplugged in May!

Here’s the link – Shipping in Canada is free! http://shop.lululemon.com/Manduka_Equa_Towel_LG/pd/c/630/np/630/p/1680.html

Cheers!

hey on the towel subject… find a sarong. no joke, they dry fastesr and pack away easer and if u get desprerate u can use them as a sheet! the also dry u aot quicker. i got this hint of a english backpacker who worked with me and it is dead set the best thing.
oh and almost every1 has one laying around espeshily if ur like me and live in australia!

[quote=16274]Hi Sconny,

They would both work as a bath towel as they are really absorbent so if you just wanted something that would dry you after a shower you could go with either.

I got one of each and plan to use the original size to dry my hair and the mega size as my towel. The original size is not really wide enough to cover everything if you wrapped it around you. (guys may find it ok but girls have a bit more to cover lol) Also the original size may be a bit small and weird looking to take to the beach. The mega size is only the size of a bath towel, its definitely smaller than the big beach towels you can get.

Hope this helps[/quote]

Emma,

Just a question on the size of the towels, my partner and I recieved one each as a gift from someone who knew we needed travel accessories, but they are no way big enough to wrap around us. Do you really think we would need a towel big enough to wrap around us when we shower etc? I just thought I would do as I normally do and shower and then get dressed straight away? Since how there’d be no privacy to walk back to your room and get dressed. Or do people think that there would be a need to wrap a towel around you at some stage?

Thanks

Hi Kristy,

I’m not sure how the shower situation works out (havent been on tour yet). I would assume you are right and you just get dressed straight away. I personally cant imagine needing to walk around wrapped only in a towel!

In the quote above I was really only trying to give an idea of the size of the towel. I can only just wrap the mega size around myself.

Would be good to hear from someone who has been before as to how most people work it. I don’t know much more than what i can assume sorry!

Emma

Hi,

Definitely get dressed straight away! There’s usually a little area to get changed (like in gyms etc) attached to the shower cubicle. Basically, travel towels are there to get the water off you. The idea of a sarong is fantastic if you’re doing a tour that includes sailing, a pool or the beach, but a towel is still the best for getting you dry quickly after a shower, especially if you have medium-long hair.

Stacey

Thanks heaps guys for clearing that up ;D