I’ve just booked on the 2nd of July Europe Uncovered. I’ve been informed that the tour is only about 1/5 full so I was wondering what would happen if the tour was cancelled?
This is the info from the Terms & Conditions for Europe, hope it helps:
CANCELLATION OR MODIFICATION BY US
8. Every effort will be made to operate all trips as advertised but it must be remembered that our trips are planned up to eighteen months in
advance. We therefore reserve the sole right, at our discretion, to modify or cancel any trip, accommodation or arrangement at any time. We
will notify You as soon as possible of any changes and they will form part of our contract with You. In the case of any material modification or
cancellation, we will, if possible, provide You with three alternatives:
(1) a trip of an equivalent or closely similar standard and price, if available;
(2) a trip of a lower standard together with a refund of the difference in price; or
(3) cancellation with a full refund of all monies paid.
9. A material modification is one which has a serious effect on your trip and includes a change of departure date, departure point or airport,
or change of departure time of more than twelve hours, which would cause substantial inconvenience to You. We do not consider a change of accommodation, or transport style a material change.
10. We will endeavor not to materially modify or cancel the trip within 42 days of the date of the scheduled departure unless compelled to do so because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control. If a material modification or cancellation is made by us within six weeks of the scheduled departure date for reasons other than Force Majeure in accordance with clause 19 You will receive compensation as stated in the scale below. Period before scheduled departure date that we notify You or your travel agent together with the compensation offered.
Over 42 days nil
42-29 days $50
28-14 days $75
13-7 days $100
6-0 days $200
11. Topdeck reserves to itself the sole right to require a minimum number of participants for certain trips and in the event that there are insufficient bookings recorded by not later than 42 days before the scheduled departure date we will be entitled to cancel the scheduled trip,
whereupon all monies paid by You for your Topdeck trip shall be refunded but no further compensation will be paid and You and Topdeck
hereby agree to mutually release each other from any further obligations which would have been enforceable had the trip not been cancelled.
12. We reserve the right to alter or substitute the type of vehicle or style of transport mentioned in the brochure, depending on the number of
passengers carried, which can vary from trip to trip. Normally the maximum group size is 48 passengers. Please also note there are strict laws
in Europe governing Driverâ€™s driving hours and this may necessitate utilizing public transport in some cities.