To take or not

Not sure if anyone can help me here but I?m doing a Topdeck tour and wanted some advice about things to take! Do people recommend taking hair straighteners, and also when going out are you likely to wear heels or just flat shoes? I was thinking of taking 1 pair of heels but wasn?t sure if this is just a waste of space![br][br]Thanks!![br]Jess

hey girl![br]BRING YOUR STRAIGHTENER! i didnt bring mine on the camping tour last year and i had to borrow my tentmate’s. luckily she was a star and the nicest girl in the world. i regretted not bringing mine and will DEFINITELY be bringing mine this time around. [br][br]Also, heals and cobblestones = twisty ankles. i would say bring a classy pair of flats for nights out. or, lots of the aussies just wore their things (flip flops) out at the clubs and stuff so that is an option as well. i will be bringing cute flats. [br][br]any other questions, just ask! :)[br][br][br][br]tam~[br]Istanbul - London 2008 [br]Red Star Special 2009

i took my starightener… its the only thing i am really girly about! lol couldnt be stuffed with make up most of the time, but had to have my straightener :)[br][br]i personally say forget the heels, go with something flat and comfy that will go with a few outfits :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Thanks guys! I will definitely be taking my straightener now, but still undecided about the heels!! I will be travelling Europe for about 2 months all up (only doing a 2 week Topdeck tour) so thought it might be nice to have some nice shoes with me!

I wouldn’t bother with heels really. Your feet will be so sore from walking around all day and night with your normal shoes, let alone trying to wear heels after that! I’d just stick with some nice flats :slight_smile: Definitely bring your straightner, if you’re like me you will hate your travel photos if your hair is all over the place!!

ohh you neeeeeed your straightener…its a must have. I am bringing one pair of black heels with me. I wear stilettos everyday so i want them while im travelling for night time

As everyone else said… a massive yes to the straightener!! I live in heels so couldn’t handle not taking them, but I took wedges so you still have a dressed up feel and appearance of heels, but they are way easier to walk in if you do hit uneven ground! :slight_smile:

I agree with pretty much what everyone else has said, i’m taking classy flats to wear at night a) because we’ll be walking soooo much during the day and b) a sprained ankle on a cobble street is not my idea of fun![br][br]As for the hair straightener, if you’re travelling with other girls maybe you can delegate one person to pack it so you’re not all taking up space in your suitcase. Just an idea 8-)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Is anyone taking a hairdryer? Or for those who have already been did you bring a hairdryer?[br][br]Grand European 2nd June 2009[br]After the tour, CRO/SPAIN Woo Hoo!!!

yes definately take a pair of heels. its good to have if you go to a show or a nice dinner. im a shoeholic so i always take way to many, but i’d suggest take a nice black pair - that way it’ll go with any outfit :)[br][br]Red Star Special: June 14th, 2009 and Espresso Italia: September 13th, 2009

I plan on taking a hairdryer - although I use it for straightening out the kinks in my hair instead of a straightener. So I won’t be taking both.[br]Am wondering, will there be enough power points for all these appliances we seem to be taking? I can imagine it could get pretty stressful: room full of girls, fighting, burning hot ceramics = baaad.[br][br]Morgan[br]Grand European June 16 2009

hey - I was planning on NOT taking a straightener or hair dryer, but was thinking of buying some cheapies when I got there. This would cut down on what I would have to take on the plane, AND I wouldnt have to worry about the converters, adapters, possibly wrecking them there, etc. [br][br]just a thought…![br][br]Meredith[br]Olympic Link Aug 7 - 27

Hi[br][br]If you want to bring a hair straightener but save on space, get a Babyliss Pro Mighty Mini Sraightener. Its only 15cm long, heats to 210 degrees, comes with a pouch (mine did anyways) and it’s handy to use on weekend trips away =)[br][br]Gogogear sells it for $39.95…

http://www.gogogear.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=3338&bc=no [br]but I remember seeing someone on ebay selling it for $34.95 free delivery.[br][br]Cheers[br]Lee

Thanks Lee, they look great!! Excellent idea :slight_smile: