Tips for travelling through Europe in Winter?

Hey guys,[br][br]Would love to hear from anyone who has travelled through Europe in the Winter season or anyone who is planning to travel Europe this winter!![br][br]Being an Aussie girl i am not used to the cold, so any tips would be appreciated!!! [br][br][br][br]Jonesy

I leave next month so im freaking out about the cold as well! I bought thermals and just plan to layer up but i dont think anything i do will prepare me for the cold!

Hey guys,[br]While I’m not an expert and haven’t experienced a European winter yet I am about too. Like you I am a tad scared. Here are a few things I have learnt recently that may help you on your travels.[br]Wear shoes/boots on sightseeing/walking tour days not flats. I wore flats in Prague a last week and lost all feeling in my toes after walking around a cathedral for a couple of hours. My own stupid fault but my boots were killing me.[br]Scarf, hats, gloves are a must, not sure what tour you are doing or when but Paris, Swizterland, Austria, Prague, Berlin and Amsterdam are going to be cold. An umbrella is useful but can get in the way especailly in London and will be useless if its windy, a rain coat will probably work better. Days on the bus you wont notice the cold as much and all cabins/hotels have heating so you will be fine at night.[br]London is already getting cold and it gets dark about 4pm here now :frowning: but not to worry :)[br]Happy travels, as much as I love an Aussie summer I have my fingers crossed for Snow at Christmas.[br][br]Christine[br][br]European Getaway 16 May 2009[br]Oktoberfest 18 Sept 2009[br]Brugge Christmas Market Weekend 19-20 Dec 2009[br]Hogmany Edinbrugh 30 Dec 2009