Tips for Eurocamping

Hey all,[br][br]I am going on Europe Unplugged on Sept 9th. I was wondering if anyone has gone or is going on this and has tips on the camping part of it… are there places at the camp sites to plug things in to charge them? what about telephones? sleeping bags? what are the bathrooms like!? etc? Anything would be greatly appreciated![br][br]-Cori

i did this trip in may 2007. [br][br]the only place to charge things is in the cook tent. as it got power. yes they have pay phones on site, try and get a warm sleeping bag. it does get cold at night, showers they don’t have a bench to put your clothes on. nut u have to test the shower first as some a crappy than others. oh some places run out of toliet paper sometimes.[br][br]kiwee

Hi Cori,[br][br]Facilities at campsites vary from site to site. Some have great facilities like bars, restaurants etc and others are very basic simply with a camping site and a bathroom block.[br][br]Some campsites have telephones you can use and you can get a calling card from your TL on day 1 which you can use all around Europe.[br][br]In regards to charging things like cameras, ipods etc bathroom blocks usually have plugs to charge them, you will need a European adaptor and also to be there while it?s charging, don?t leave it charging unsupervised. On your trip you will have a cook, you can ask them if you can charge your camera etc on their power board but please note that priority is to their gear so they may or may not have space for you to charge stuff.[br][br]Yes you do need a sleeping bag, Topdeck provide 2-men tents and lilos.[br][br]Hope this helps.[br][br]Have a great trip![br][br]Anita