Summer fun + sailing in May anyone?

Hi guys,[br]Just popped onto this forum to see if I could find anyone else who is going on the same tour as me.[br]I’m on the Summer fun + sailing tour leaving on May 15th 09.[br]Booked my flight over for a 7 week holiday to Europe im[br]pulsely…so just trying to calm the nerves and maybe meet a few cool people before heading over? :)Let me know.[br]Cheers![br][br]Lina :)[br]Summer fun + sailing[br]May 15th

Hi Lina… I’ll be seeing you soon then. I’m on the same tour, also travelling solo! Can’t wait! :slight_smile:

Hi Tanya,[br]YAY! I just replied to that other thread! Looking forward to it!![br]Just hope I’m not an oldy on the bus…hehe. :stuck_out_tongue: Not sure what the average age is…but hope 26 is ok! lol.[br]Look forward to it! :slight_smile: I still need to do quite a bit of Lonely Planet reading actually. hehe. x[br][br]Lina :)[br]Summer fun + sailing[br]May 15th

AH HAHAHA… yes cuz 26 is soooo old!! It’s going to be such an azming trip, so excited. I should probably get my hands on one of these lonely planet books. :slight_smile:

hehe…not too sure what the average age is on these trips… :)[br]I’m not a party pooper…but don’t think my body can handle boozing up every night! hehe. Are you a party animal Tanya? :P[br]Can’t wait too…yeah, the Lonely Planets are great…but there is sooo much to go through! So is this your first time travelling on your own too?[br][br]Lina :)[br]Summer fun + sailing[br]May 15th

All Topdeck Tours are for ages between 18 to 30 something and I have read in past post that people have been on these tours, that the average age is around the mid 20’s with some younger and some older.[br][br]I’m going on the “Spirit Of Europe” tour on May 12th 2009 and I’m 31, so I guess I reach the 30 somethings hehe and besides it’s not your age, it’s how you allow yourself to fit in with the others and have fun. People will accept you, nomatter what your age is, after all, it’s just a number.[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig[br][br][br][br][br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by lennychick82[br]
hehe…not too sure what the average age is on these trips… :)[br]I’m not a party pooper…but don’t think my body can handle boozing up every night! hehe. Are you a party animal Tanya? :P[br]Can’t wait too…yeah, the Lonely Planets are great…but there is sooo much to go through! So is this your first time travelling on your own too?[br][br]Lina :)[br]Summer fun + sailing[br]May 15th[br][/quote]

Thanks Craig,[br][br]Yeah, you are absolutely right, it doesn’t matter what your age is…its how old you feel which matters…but sometimes I feel my body aging…slowly! especially after reading in the paper yesterday that brain activity/memory etc is significately less and goes down hill from 27…and peaks at 22!! eekk…lol.[br]I’m not that worried at all…I’m sure we will all have the time of our lives! [br]Have an awesome trip on yours too!! :)[br]btw…30s is a great age for a guy![br][br]Lina :)[br]Summer fun + sailing[br]May 15th

Hi Everyone,[br][br]I’m also on the tour leaving on May 15. I’m travelling solo and I’m heading off for a tour of the US following this tour. I’m 30 and I’m from Brisbane.[br][br]If anyone else is from Brisbane it might be good to meet for lunch one day so we know some people before the tour.[br][br]Anthony

Yep, very first time travelling & doing it solo. Heading to Greece when the tour is over, so yes, I guess you have to be a party animal if you want to head there haha! Time is counting down guys… woo hoo

Hey all im bec 24 and i am also on this tour.[br]was getting worried that no one else was going.[br]ill be heading solo also, then meeting family in malta.[br]Im really looking forward to it. just finalising all the little things now. only 6 weeks to go YAY[br][br]- beer is the answer, but i forgot the question- [br][br]summer fun & sailing[br]May 15th 09

Hey you 3! :D[br]YAY…there are more of us on the tour! :D[br]sounds like the tour before this one was cancelled so maybe a few more people will fill this trip up![br]I’m Lina, 26 from NZ! :smiley: so a Kiwi with you fellow Aussies! Travelling solo too. So a bit nervous…[br]Really looking forward to it too though! Its going to be awesome![br]Can’t wait…and yeah, not many sleeps to go!! >_< its crept up on us so quickly huh?! Can’t wait! so I guess I’ll see you all at the Generator?? :)[br][br]Lina :)[br]Summer fun + sailing[br]May 15th

Sounds like we’re all soloists so far. Yep, all booked in at The Generator. I’m going to have to leave some things in storage just in case anyone else needs to as well, thought I’d give the heads up.

I decided to stay in a hotel before the tour to hopefully get a chance to recover from the jet lag. I arrive in London on the 13th May so if anyone else is in London a bit before the tour starts maybe we could meet and see some of the sights of London?[br][br]Anthony

Hey everyone, [br][br]Hope you guys have an awesome trip![br]be sure to come back to this forum to tell us about it![br]Specifically places to see, things to do, what you had to eat, where you went in Greece, etc.[br][br]Hope you have a wonderful adventure![br][br][br]Summer Fun and Sailing [br]July 3, 2009[br]:slight_smile:

There’s a group on facebook for the July Summer fun and Sailing, for any of you who want to write about your trip and tips when you come back :)[br]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=120603826&ref=profile#/group.php?gid=68559516199[br][br][br]Summer Fun and Sailing [br]July 3, 2009[br]:slight_smile:

heyy! My names sandy and i’m 18, from vancouver canada and going on this one too! [br]nice to meet you all.

Hi Everyone,[br][br]Not long to go now - I only have 3 days of work left. If anyone is on facebook, feel free to add me - anthonykeller79@gmail.com[br][br]It should be a great trip - I’m really looking forward to it.[br][br]Anthony

Hi Sandymarie nice to meet you! :smiley: will look forward to meeting you all on the tour…can’t wait![br]Just seen some of my friends photos on FB of Barcelona and France…all looks really amazing![br]Only 3 days of work for me too…then flying over on Saturday! scary! Its all come up very quickly! I’m planning to stay with friends and chill out for the first 5 days before the trip…but also plan to see a bit of the London sites if I’m not too jetlagged. ;)[br][br]Lina :)[br]Summer fun + sailing[br]May 15th

i fly out in 8 days, i’m slowly wading through the last bits of school. [br]It’s great to meet you too! the tours going to be amazing!

uhh :frowning: i still have to work till tuesday next week :([br]but i will arrive first thing thursday morn, so mite be a little chance to look around[br]are you guys all staying at the genorator???[br][br]- beer is the answer, but i forgot the question- [br]summer fun & sailing[br]May 15th 09