Suitcases

Hi,[br][br]I am wondering how strict Topdeck is as to the size of the suitcases? It is difficult to get the exact size (70cm X 45cm X 25 cm) as some suitcase brands go up in certain intervals, such as 72cm. [br][br]Any help would be appreciated as i would like to buy my suitcase for the tour. [br][br]Katie

on the same sort of topic, how about backpacks? as thats what i am taking…[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

hey im not totally sure of this answer but i found this in one of the other posts. there was a question asked about suitcases in a forum called “what would you have done/seen” here is the response - hope this helps…[br][br]would of taken more confortable shoes for sure! a bigger suitcase cos they said take a small one but people had HUGE ones on the tour, def stay longer in paris… like if paris is the last stop b4 you go back to london, stay in paris for extra days cos there is sooo much to do there and pay the tour guides at the collosseum cos they get u to the front of the line

Having just returned from trip in nov I can say that you don’t have to be exact with your suitcase. I took a backpack and yes it does make it easier the times that you have to walk the stairs but a suitcase is possibly easier if you plan on shopping. Quite a few of the places have lifts, however if you are staying in London you will end up doing most of your getting from hostel to hostel by public transport so if it’s too heavy for you to at least 10 minutes pulling/ carrying then leave some stuff behind. My advice is pack light so you have room for all the purchases.[br]Colluseum - dont know about paying the guide but you can actaully buy your ticket in the roman forum which is next door and that saves you waiting in line

hey starlight[br][br]how big was your backpack?? cos mine isnt really small, i think it may be a bit larger than average (i dont have the measurements - but its from kathmandu lol)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

I have been looking at a 70 litre backpack which is proberly a little bit over the topdeck recomendation. would it be a good idea to mayby bring a backpack and buy another bag over there for all your goodies?

I really dont want to be lugging around 2 bags. I will have my backpack and my daypack and a sleeping bag…[br][br]i’ll have to check how many litres my one is when i get home [^][br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

if i only bring on bag where will i put all my hair products?

pesk what are you doing in here ? Get back to your own topic !!!

haha im like a stuggling hooker, ill go where i can get love…

ok, i found this in their FAQ section on the webpage http://www.topdecktours.co.uk/content.asp?Document_ID=52774[br][br] [quote]HOW MUCH LUGGAGE CAN I BRING[br]Europe trips - Each person is allowed 1 item of standard size luggage plus a day pack (and sleeping bag if on a EuroClub or EuroCamping trip). The maximum weight of your main bag must not exceed 20kgs. Size must not exceed 70cm x 45cm x 25cm. Due to the strict weight regulations for coaches in Europe, passengers whose luggage exceeds 20kgs will be asked to offload the excess on the departure morning. Storage facilities are[br]available at the departure point in London but not in other joining cities in Europe so the best thing is to simply bring as little as possible.[br]Explorer Trips - We recommend the use of a rucksack as you will be required to carry your luggage, albeit for short distances, on a regular basis. The size will obviously vary according to the length of your trip but remember that as most trips start and finish in different locations you will not be able to store excess items![/quote][br][br]I also just checked my backpack, its about 65L and its about 75-80cm high by about 35cm wide, but im not sure what the depth will be…[br][br]do you think this will be ok?? it seems pretty damn close to the requirements[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

im sure it will be ok, they are more strict with the weight from what im reading…[br][br]im bringing two bags and a backpack lol

lol they are really strict - all tour companies are… if it is over 20kg then they really DO make you leave stuff behind! lol i know a few people who have done tours that this has happened to lol[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Yeah i used to work at an airport and we used to see people offloading gear to lighten thier load…(oh so many jokes i wanna make about offloading and emptying bags lol) anyways ill keep it clean for the sake of the forum!

it depends on what tour you are doing as well…if you are doing a camping tour they are more strict, cause the bus has to carry all of the tents and stuff as well

how about a duffle bag, can be a backpack has wheels like a suitcase[br]and a large opening, and for the required size it fits about 100 litres, they also have little compartments for shoes and stuff. From what ive seen most of them are expandable as well.

im looking at one of those duffle bags that steve-aus mentioned, i think that might be the go…[br][br]i was wondering, will 20 pairs of undies be enough for our tour or should i bring 25 incase the unthinkable happens? :stuck_out_tongue:

i just farted and i think i followed through…might bring 25 pairs

hi im going on the mega european next august and was thinking about getting one of those duffle bags but i cant seem to find any decent ones(they are all small)?:-*

you can get duffle bag that are huge most travel shops sell them jus have to look in the right places