Suggested itinerary in Vietnam

Vietnam Itinerary 4 Days | Suggested by Local Expert
Vietnam itinerary 4 days is now your major concern after choosing a suitable desired duration for your stay.

You, as an international visitor, may find the destination rather unfamiliar. Arranging a proper plan which leads you to amazing spots to discover a new nation is a challenge. Then I guess some recommendation from a local buddy like me will help!

4 days in Vietnam is not too short an amount of time. Yet, it is not enough for you to cover this country from the North to the South.

You need to select a suitable base for your stay first: Hanoi (Northern Vietnam), Da Nang (Central Vietnam) or Ho Chi Minh City (Southern Vietnam). Then I will put forward my Vietnam Itinerary 4 days.
Vietnam Itinerary 4 days in Hanoi (Northern Vietnam)
Below is the brief on my previous article What to do in Hanoi for 4 days.

Please read my blog on recommended Hanoi Itinerary 4 Days for detailed information.

Hanoi itinerary 4 days with 3 destinations: Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Halong Bay
Day 1: Charming central Hanoi
Day 2: Hidden gem Ninh Binh
Day 3: Natural wonder Halong Bay
Day 4: Hanoi
Following this Vietnam Itinerary 4 Days, you will visit: Hanoi Old Quarter – Bai Dinh Pagoda – Trang An Landscape Complex – Halong Bay – Stone Dog Islet – Burning Incense Islet – Ba Hang Fishing Village – Fighting Cock Islet – Thien Cung Cave – Hanoi French Quarter.

Hanoi itinerary 4 days with 2 destinations
Option 1: Hanoi – Ninh Binh

Day 1, 2: Historic and Cultural Hanoi
Day 3: Hidden gem Ninh Binh
Day 4: Cuisine Hanoi
Following this Vietnam Itinerary 4 Days, you will visit: Hanoi – Ho Chi Minh Complex – Temple of Literature – Hoan Kiem Lake – Hanoi Old Quarter – Hanoi French Quarter – Bai Dinh Pagoda – Trang An Landscape Complex.

Option 2: Hanoi – Halong Bay

Day 1: Charming central Hanoi
Day 2: Halong – Hon Gai Harbour – Bai Tu Long Bay – Thien Canh Son Cave
Day 3: Vung Vieng Fishing Village – Hon Gai Harbour
Day 4: Cuisine Hanoi
Following this Vietnam Itinerary 4 Days, you will visit: Hanoi Old Quarter – Hon Gai Harbour – Bai Tu Long Bay – Thien Canh Son Cave – Hon Co Island – Vung Vieng Fishing Village – Yen Duc Village.

Vietnam Itinerary 4 days in Da Nang (Central Vietnam)

Day 1: Ancient Imperial City of Hue
Most flights to Vietnam land at Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City) or Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi). From there, you can take another daily domestic flight to Phu Bai Airport (Hue). Otherwise, if coming to Da Nang International Airport, you can go by coach to Hue (less than 100 kilometres).

I suggest that you arrive in Hue the afternoon before, so you can spend the next full day exploring this ancient citadel.

Go on a religious pilgrimage to Pagoda of the Celestial Lady (Thien Mu/Linh Mu Pagoda)
Thien Mu Pagoda among the highest and most beautiful religious relics in Vietnam
The pagoda is worth including in your Vietnam Itinerary 4 Days. Making a pilgrimage enables you to travel and gain insight into Vietnamese Buddhism at the same time.

Visit royal tombs of Nguyen dynasties
Hue Imperial Tombs include locations for the burial of kings from different royal dynasties.

All tombs under Nguyen dynasties were built of basalt stone in a simple architectural style, following the philosophy of Oriental Feng Shui.
Stop by Meridian Gate (Ngo Mon)
Ngo Mon Gate is the largest of the four main gates of Hue Imperial Citadel, exclusively for emperors or emissaries.

Ngo Mon Gate

The gate also witnessed many important historical events such as ceremonies honouring doctoral graduates or the Declaration of Abdication of the last emperor of Vietnam.

Take a leisurely evening stroll at Hue walking streets