Student Discounts?

Hey just wondered what the deal is with student discounts, Iam from the UK and me and my mate have just normal university cards, not nus…does anyone know if thats enough to get student discount in places in Egypt or do we need something more internationally recognised!!![br]Thanks in advance![br]

hey,[br]i am a student going to egypt at the end of jan…i organised an international student identity card through my travel agent when i booked the tour…it was about $18 australian…they send you the card and you stick your own photo on it…supposedly they’re fairly well recognised for student entry fees at the touristy places (you pay about half the normal entry price)…there’s a warning though in the guide books not to buy the card over in egypt cus a lot of them turn out to be fake…[br][br]hope that helps :slight_smile:

Hi guys, [br][br]Noticed this convo and just wanted to ask whether anyone would recommend this card if travelling to Europe? Im from NZ so if anyone knows how I could obtain one that would be wicked![br][br]Thanks :slight_smile:

i got the Youth one… IYTC, it was good for hostels and such (u need one in Germany) and i got a coupld of discounts with it. Including the Tower of London Entry and their audio guide.[br][br]TBH if i didnt need it for the hostels in germany (not with topdeck on my own) then i wouldnt have bothered :)[br][br]but i think that the ISTC is more widely accepted. There is a website where you can see all of the discounts you can get with it world wide. http://www.isic.org/sisp/index.htm?fx=isic.discounts[br][br]hope that helps :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey Leeana,[br][br]Thanks again for all your help! Have had a look at the website and seen some offices over here in NZ so will definately drop them a email and see costs per card etc. Although I want to have a fabulous time overseas I need to be careful on the money side of things and any discounts no matter how small will be a big help.[br][br]Cheers![br][br]

thanks for all your responses called STA and theyre send me one, only ?9, bargain!![br]

Hiya,[br][br]I emailed about the ISDC cards to a New Zealand office and thought I would post the reply here for any of the NZ travellers out there who are interested :)[br][br][br]“The ISIC cards are $25 and are available to anyone who is a full time student. You will need to have your school/college/university stamp the form to prove you are studying full time and you will also need a passport sized photo”[br][br]Cheers,[br][br][br]Adela[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

I’m no longer a student, but heard you can get under25 discount cards - anyone know anything about these?

Hey,[br][br]I got the “Youth Card” - I can’t remember exactly what it’s called - but i’m sure any travel agent can tell you. It cost $25 and was for anyone under the age of 26. Apparently there are quite a few discounts available using it through out Europe - you just have to remember to ask ;D[br][br]Hope that is of some help![br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)

yea you can get youth cards…however, i actually graduated uni last year so not technically a student! i called sta to get a card, and they literally jsut asked for the name of my uni/college, no checks nothing…doesnt seem that hard to get hold of! plus the student card has alot more discounts than the youth card!

[quote] yea you can get youth cards…however, i actually graduated uni last year so not technically a student! i called sta to get a card, and they literally jsut asked for the name of my uni/college, no checks nothing[/quote][br][br]I too have graduated uni, i wonder if it would be that simple to get a student card in Australia? has anyone done this? what proof did you need to provide?[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands