Stonehenge

Hey guys, [br]as per the topic, I realllllly want to see Stonehenge. I know there are a few companies that run day tours from London to Stonehenge, so I was wondering if anyone had done an of these tours, or had been there at all? There’s one company I found that does inner circle tours in the morning, which I think is what I would be interested in. [br]I’m planning on doing this on Aug 28th, so if you’re gonna be in London then, give me a shout and maybe we can set something up. [br][br][br][br]Meredith Fraser[br]Olympic Link Aug 7 - 27

Hey Meredith[br][br]There are heaps of small tour compaines in London that do the stonehenge tour and they are all pretty similar and pretty well priced. I would definately do the morning inner circle tour if you can. I just did the standard day tour but now wish I had done a morning inner circle one casue to be honest just walking around the outside of stonehenge is pretty boring as its all roped off and you can’t get any closer than about 40 meters from it + there are heaps of tourists. So an early morning tour where you can actually go right up to it would be awesome and worth the extra money. It would be worth checking out if the morning tour is a sunrise tour baceasue i have head some compaines do that and apparently seeing the sunrise thu stonehenge is amazing. Also there will most probly be way less tourists.[br][br]Leon[br]Northern Exposure 14 June 09

Hey i’m thinking of doing something like this too at the beginning of August… can you guys let me know what companies you’ve looked at? I had a quick look on the weekend and wasn’t too sure about reputable companies etc etc.[br][br]thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Meredith,[br][br]I booked the below Stonehenge Tour for myself and friend as I too wanted to see Stonehenge. You get too see Stonehenge, Bath & Windsor Castle in one day.[br][br]http://www.viator.com/tours/London/Stonehenge-Windsor-Castle-and-Bath-Day-Trip-from-London/d737-3858EE021[br][br]Have a look and see what you think. They have pick ups from certain hotels and stuff so if they come come to yours, you can always go to the pick up point from other hotels/hostels even if you ain’t staying there. That is what I am doing.[br][br]Hope this helps.[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig [br][br]Spirit Of Europe 12th May 2009.[br][br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by merefraser[br]
Hey guys, [br]as per the topic, I realllllly want to see Stonehenge. I know there are a few companies that run day tours from London to Stonehenge, so I was wondering if anyone had done an of these tours, or had been there at all? There’s one company I found that does inner circle tours in the morning, which I think is what I would be interested in. [br]I’m planning on doing this on Aug 28th, so if you’re gonna be in London then, give me a shout and maybe we can set something up. [br][br][br][br]Meredith Fraser[br]Olympic Link Aug 7 - 27[br][/quote]

i am off to stonehenge on the 28th of May, i also book with viator, doing the, Stonehenge Private Viewing, Bath and Lacock Day Trip from London tour it was very well priced and im really looking foward to it. Stonhenge has been something iv always wanted to see.[br][br]Sarah [br]Adelaide Australia [br]Europen Getaway May 30th 2009

Hi [br][br]Have a look at the web page below, there are details about ‘special access’ to Stonehenge. Hope you enjoy your trip![br][br]http://www.solvingstonehenge.co.uk/page8.html[br][br]AJ

Craig,[br][br]My friend and I have always wanted to see Stonehenge as well and the tour you sent looks good! Do you happen to know where they drop you off at? In the exclusions it lists hotel drop off. Just wondering if we have to find our way back into central london.[br][br]Thanks!!![br]Jessica[br][br] European Pioneer June 11- July 16[br]

OK, after much searching and considering everyone’s recommendations, I think Im going to book this one, mainly because it has the sunrise tour, and I can really only do it on the 28th.[br][br]http://stonehengetours.com/html/premium-tours-stonehenge.htm[br][br]I also noticed that all the tours seem to be pretty much the same, going to the same places, so I figure they’re all pretty much the same. Either way, as long as its not pouring rain, Im gonna have an awesome time. And maybe still if it is pouring rain![br][br]Meredith Fraser[br]Olympic Link Aug 7 - 27

hey meredith, [br]i went to stonehenge when it was piss pouring and still loved it! i went again another year when it wasnt raining and still really liked it. either way you are going to have a great time! :)[br][br][br][br]tam~[br]Istanbul - London 2008 [br]Red Star Special 2009

Hi Jessica,[br][br]When your looking at the site that I gave you for the Stonehenge Day tour, it has a list of pick up points and the times they pick you up.[br][br]I am staying at the Generator Hostel in which this is not a pick up point, however around the corner there uis a hotel that has a pick up point, so when I made my on-line booking for the tour I stated in the booking that I will be being picked up from that place of pick up point. I emailed Aviation.com service and thats what they advised me to do on checkout of making my booking so they had numbers of how many people they are picking up from that pick up point.[br][br]I suggest you have a look at all the pick up points and find your closest, if your hotel/hostel is not a pick up point and advise this on tyour booking if you decide to do this tour.[br][br]I hope this helps you Jessica ;-)[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig[br][br]Spirit Of Europe Tour 12th May 2009[br][br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by jmh86[br]
Craig,[br][br]My friend and I have always wanted to see Stonehenge as well and the tour you sent looks good! Do you happen to know where they drop you off at? In the exclusions it lists hotel drop off. Just wondering if we have to find our way back into central london.[br][br]Thanks!!![br]Jessica[br][br] European Pioneer June 11- July 16[br][br][/quote]