Spirit of Europe May 27 08

Hi everyone,[br]just wondering if anyone is doing the May 27th Spirit of Europe trip next year??[br]I just booked mine today im soooo exicted!! although i am a bit nervous b/c ill be doing this tour on my own so bit scary but should be fine, we will have a ball!!![br]Im doing a tour of egypt first with a friend then going to london, and then doing the topdck tour myself and then backpack for a bit afterwards and then do a cruise of the greek islands and turkey with a friend!!![br]ohhhh how exicting i have wanted to go to europe for probs the past 5 years, and now im going!![br]so just wondering if there is anyone else out there who is doing this tour, or if someone has done it in the past and has any tips, etc, please post away my friend!!;D[br]

I am going, just not the same dates. I have booked in to go in september :)[br][br]I cant wait to hear about your trip! Are you going to have a travel blog or anything? I would love to read about it :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

I may have a blog not sure if im gonna blog or email.[br]does anyone no some really good travel blogging sites, there are a few out there but just wanting to no of some easy to use to blog, and to access, good layout, and features, and all that???[br]thanks in advance :wink:

personally i really like www.getjealous.com because of the layout and features, but you dont get to upload many pictures, if you want to upload heaps of pics then you need to pay. [br][br]but for a free one that will let u upload unlimited pics i like www.travelblog.org it doesnt look as nice, but its still really good :)[br][br]hope that helps :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

hey thanks a lot ill check them out!!

FYI i have found an even better one :slight_smile: its at www.mylifeoftravel.com[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Whirlsie, get on facebook you will be able to message eachother directly and upload as many photo’s as your heart desires :slight_smile:

i already am on facebook, but i like to keep it seperate[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

yeah suppose , it was just a thought…[br]what are you gonna do on your flight over to keep yourself amused for so long? im tipping ill be annoying everyone cos …thats what i do lol so im tipping i aint gonne be all too popular with people on our tour who are on our flight lol

I’m getting an ipod classic for xmas, so ill load that up with music and movies, and ill be taking a couple of books with me too :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

yeah i have an ipod too but seriously that will only get me so far im gonna have to annoy people lol sorta like what i have been doing in here lol

thanks for that Leeana i’ll have to check it out!![br][br]I was wondering what im gonna do for the flight over, at least im going with a girl friend so we’ll just annoy each others and pray for some good movies and a spare seat next to us, lol :wink:

do you know who you are flying with? have you booked it yet? i’m going on cathay pacific :slight_smile: but i’m going on my own… so ill have to keep myself amused. i like to take puzzlebooks with me on planes :slight_smile: like sodoku, find a words, etc :slight_smile: i’ll also have a book with me, plus my guidebooks and my ipod, which ill have a few movies on there too :slight_smile: even though cathay have movies, ill my own as back ups :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Whirlsie…seriously your gonna be over your luggage weight limit with just your puzzles books and sudoku…all you need is a feather and annoying voice, its all the entainment you need lol

yep all booked im flying emirates, so will hopefully have a good flight, it was cheaper than a lot of other flights b/c of early bird special, so im excited!![br]yeah ill take a book, maybe just one biggish one to last the whole trip, im not gonna have enough room as it is!![br]maybe to save luggage you should get the electronic puzzle games, save space and heaps on them, just a thought ;)i suppose they can just be hand luggage though ;)[br]are you doing any backpacking by yourself before or after your tour?

hey AusEm are you related to steve-aus ? lol

Wow! Emirates!! I love Emirates!! But when i got my ticket they werent that cheap… which was a shame… but then i am flying out at a different seasonality :slight_smile: [br][br]yeah i might load some gamed onto my ipod, but ill see :slight_smile: everytime i fly i take a small puzzle book with me, a reading book and some music :slight_smile: and they stay in my hand luggage :)[br][br]I am staying at the Globetrotter Inn in London for 2 days, then I’m goin up to Edinburgh for 4 days, then back to the Globetrotter Inn in London for 5 days :slight_smile: During my stay in London though I am planning on going to Stonehenge, Avebury and Bath and then a day trip with my bestie who will be living there by that stage to Disneyland Paris!! YAY!! :smiley: I can’t wait!! I am so excited!! [br][br]But after my tour, I am going to fly to Germany spend some time with my penpal there and then we will head down to Munich, and then I will fly to Italy and spend time with my other penpal there, and then head down to Pompeii before I head back :slight_smile: In total, I will be away for 7.5 weeks :o[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak