Spirit of Europe 2009

Im going July 21!!! CAN’T WAIT! Anyone else on this trip?![br]I’m a new traveller - only ever been as far as the Gold Coast (Im a kiwi chick!) Anyone got any belpful warnings/tips etc?! What NEEDS 2 b in my luggage? What can I live without?[br]Anyone on this trip planning to explore europe further after the tour? I’m thinking I might head over to Europe or maybe Athens whilst I’m on on that side of the world…

I’m not doing your tour, but i did do the Spirit of Europe this year! You are gonna have the BEST time!! i wish i was still on my tour!! i met some amazing people and it ws just a blast!![br][br]as for tips, check out some of the other posts around here :)[br][br]For optionals, i highly reccommend:[br]* the paris bike tour! so freaking fantastic!![br]* go up the junfraujoch in switzerland[br]* the gondola ride in venice was just so fab!![br]* i wsa told the schnapps tour was good too! (i was sick in bed that day)[br]* auschwitz - so horrifying and sad but well worth it! one of the places i am so glad i went to[br]* 3rd reich walking tour in berlin[br]* Bike Ride in Amsterdam[br][br]If i wasnt so scared of heights i would have loved to have skydived in switzerland! some of the ppl on my tour did it and it was so amazing!![br][br]Also check out these places:[br]* Wayne’s Bar in Nice[br]* The communism museum in Budapest - so haunting, but amazing[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey Whirlsie,[br][br]Do you know if skydiving in Switzerland is offered on most tours? I’m doing the Mega Euro tour in May 09, but skydiving is not listed on the optional excursions for Switzerland… Also do you know how much it costs?[br][br]Thanks heaps![br][br]Lou

i cant remember how much it cost, but it wasnt cheap :)[br][br]its not listed, but our guide and driver told us about it :slight_smile: I’m not sure why its not listed, but i reckon it was well worth it!! and the videos (which cost extra) were awesome to watch!! and so many people who didnt do it, really wanted to after watching the vids![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Thanks Leeana :)[br][br]Wow - sounds like an experience! I’ve never been skydiving but would love to go! Might have to put that into the budget![br][br][br][br]Lou

Does anyone know if auschwitz is an optional extra on the Grand European trip?? I would love to go there.[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands