Spirit of Europe 18th August

[br]Anyone doing this trip, would love to hear from you. [br][br]Not long to go now!!![br]:)[br][br][br]Spirit of Europe Aug 18 2009

Julie, I’m going on Danube Trail which combines with Spirit of Europe on Day 14, Aug 31 in Budapest. I’m coming from San Diego, CA. How about you?[br][br]Joe

Hi Joe,[br][br]Great. I am from Brisbane Australia. I will actually finish the trip one day early has i have to jump on a plane to Newcastle (UK) for a wedding.[br][br]Can’t wait.[br][br]Spirit of Europe Aug 18 2009

Hi Julie,[br][br]I am on the Spirit of Europe. Flying over from Sydney the day before.[br][br]Did I see your name on another forum looking at Moulin Rouge? I have been thinking about that for the night in Paris. What did you end up deciding?[br][br]Cheers,[br][br]Vaughan

Hi Vaughan,[br][br]yes i booked the moulin rouge for the free night.[br][br]I booked online, i didn’t see anything about the package that the others spoke of, but i am not worried.[br][br]My package[br][br]Wednesday the 19th of August 2009[br]1 person for the 9pm show[br]Half a bottle of champagne per person[br]cost was 102 Euro[br][br]Can’t wait for the trip to start. I arrive a 4 days before we kick off, staying at the Generator for the two nights before the trip.[br][br]See you then[br][br][br][br]Spirit of Europe Aug 18 2009

Bump[br][br]Spirit of Europe Aug 18 2009

Hi Julie & Joe,[br][br]I’m on this tour as well. (a friend of Vaughan, and from Sydney as well)[br][br]less then 2 weeks to go … can’t wait![br][br]Flying out out Sunday, and staying at the Generator on the Monday night.[br]Staying a couple of nights at the Generator after the tour as well.[br][br]see you all soon[br][br]cheers [br][br]Warren[br][br]---------------------------------------------[br]Spirit of Europe 18th Aug 2009

Julie, [br][br]We did end up booking the Moulin Rouge tickets a few weeks back, should be good.[br][br]One of the guys at work’s girlfriend has been on a tour at the moment over there. The last update was that the Amsterdam sex show was pretty damn seedy (which really isn’t suprising when you think about it I guess). [br][br]And good to see you are recovering waz, must be one hell of an illness there to keep you from work…[br][br]Cheers,[br][br]Vaughan

clear blue skies are always a reason for a sickie :p[br][br]---------------------------------------------[br]Spirit of Europe 18th Aug 2009

hi everyone i am also on this tour aswel with two of my friends[br]its not long to go now.[br]just wondered how are you all taking your money?? are you taking a cad and just withdrawing it or taking money for each country?? [br][br]xx

hi everyone i am also on this tour aswel with two of my friends[br]its not long to go now.[br]just wondered how are you all taking your money?? are you taking a cad and just withdrawing it or taking money for each country?? [br][br]xx

I got one of those NAB Gold Debit Visas which doesn’t charge foreign ATM fees (as well as another Credit Card).[br][br]I just plan on taking cash out from ATMs when we hit different currencies. Worked for me when I went skiing over there. Guess Switzerland is the main issue to make sure you don’t end up with left over coins that most places won’t swap back.[br][br]

Only 1 week to go!!![br]anyone else out there who is coming along?[br][br]I’ve also gone the NAB Gold Banking debit card option. The no conversion fees or overseas ATM fees was the major point. Just going to take out money from ATM’s in each country as I need it.[br][br]Warren[br][br][br]---------------------------------------------[br]Spirit of Europe 18th Aug 2009

Those of you on the Spirit of Europe must be on your way… I’ll meet you guys in Budapest on Aug 31 :slight_smile: I’ll be exchanging US $$ for Hungarian Forint then use ATM and credit cards the rest of the tour.