Spirit of Europe 16th Sep 08

Hi all![br]Just wondering if anyone has done this trip before and has some info on what to expect? Must see and do kind of things? Places to avoid. Also if your going to be going on this drop in a reply! I’ll be traveling by myself… mate bailed out on me, but hey it’ll be an adventure none the less!

woot woot!!! someone else!! :)[br][br]I’ m on ur tour :slight_smile: there are a couple of us now, although were generally on facebook :slight_smile: do you have an FB account??[br][br]I’m also travelling on my own, but by choice :slight_smile: I’m definately looking forward to the adventure :slight_smile: Have you done much travelling before??[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hi guys,[br][br]I’m on your tour as well but will be joining you guys in Paris as I’m doing a bit of travelling before hand.[br][br]I’m also travelling by myself but I’m sure we’ll all have an absolute ball! Looking forward to meeting (and partying) with you guys in Europe.[br][br]Annette

Leena,[br][br]I just noticed that you are from Canberra. Me too! Perhaps we should catch up before we go.

how awesome!! lol[br][br]i’m currently in my office in civic! lol we should def catch up :)[br][br]do u have facebook?? the link to the group is: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13777301694[br][br]i really cant wait to go :)[br][br][br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Awesome!! 2 other peeps!! You’re both from over east… I’m from the most secluded city in the world! Perth!! [br]Yeah Leeana i’m on facebook so i’ll have to jump onto the group when i get a chance! Net at home is down and work has facebook blocked! =0([br]There’s a kinda funny story behind how i ended up traveling by myself that i’ll have to share with you guys. But to be honest i’m really looking forward to meeting a heap of new people and getting right outside my comfort zone![br][br]Look forward to the partying to!!!

hahaha! I know what you mean about getting outside your comfort zone :slight_smile: I talk a lot, and especially so on here, but actually meeting new people is always a scary thing :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Oh Perth! Anywhere that makes Little Creatures must be a good place (although that may be WA in general)! I’m very intrigued by your story Dan. Looking forward to hearing it.[br][br]Leeana (sorry I spelt your name wrong in the last post), I work in Civic as well so we should def sort something out. I’m heading over in less than 3 weeks. Are you guys doing much travelling before or after?[br][br]

It’s ok Nettie :slight_smile: Everyone gets it wrong :slight_smile: We will def have to meet up :slight_smile: This coming month for me though is gonna be pretty busy (I’m heading over to Adelaide in about 2 weeks to do some shopping - i need new clothes!! lol), and heading up to Sydney on one saturday, paintballing for my bday on the sunday, then a week before i leave it IS my bday so will be celebrating that!!) But it’s still doable! just depends on when you want to meet :)[br][br]I leave in just under 5 weeks (YAY!!!) and I will be travelling for 8 weeks in total :slight_smile: I’m gonna be in the UK (England & Scotland) for just under 2 weeks, then do the tour, then fly back into Germany to stay with a girl I have been writing to since we were 15 and making our way down to Munich, then cating a train from Munich to Verona and staying with another friend in Italy that I have also been writing to, making our way back down to Rome where I will fly out :)[br][br]I am so excited!!! I have written this in another post, but i thought I might pop it in here as well, When we are in Rome on the tour I plan to separate from the tour in Rome and make my way down to Pompeii for the day :slight_smile: I have always wanted to see Pompeii :)[br][br]What is everyone else’s plans??[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Im’ starting off in Netherlands, staying with my brother for a week. Then over to London to stay the night at Globetrotter to start the Western Spirit Tour. After that ends (25th in Italy?? i dont even know!) its over to Greece to do some island hopping :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Weather is **** in NZ, hopefully the European summer holds out on us a while longer!!

Hey all…[br][br]Just booked in for this tour can’t wait. I’m an Adelaide boy but living in UK at the mo. Is everyone travelling solo like i am??

hey dale :)[br][br]I’m travelling solo too… so are a couple of other people here too… i think there is someone on the facebook page who is travelling with her sister, but so far no couples[br][br]i can’t wait to go yay!![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Welcome Dale!! [br]Awesome to hear from another person who will be on the tour!! Just like Leeana and Annette and many others i’m cruizn solo! [br][br]Hey there is a group on facebook that Leeana told me about that is for our trip, so if your on facebook join in! [br][br]The link is… [br]http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13777301694[br][br][br]

Ah nice 1. Already on the facebook group… is anyone staying at the Globetrotters the night before? Reckon i will… makes it easy to leave in the morning. Thinking of staying there for 2 nights and having a day and night out in London before we set off. Anyone interested? I’ve never been to London so i’m keen to see it before we go!

I’ll be at Globetrotters :)[br][br]We were talking about having a couple of drinks the night before in the bar at the hostel on Facebook :)[br][br]I can’t wait to get there :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Ok now i’m really starting to get excited!! 19 days until i fly out! I like all this talk of a get to know ya drink the night before! I’ll definately be up for that! [br]I can’t believe it’s so close now! I’ll be in London for a few days staying with a friends friend but if anyone want’s to meet up before the night before we all go that’d be cool! I want to explore some of London and it’d be cool if i had someone to chat with along the way!

I might be up for a travel buddy in london :)[br][br]i’ll be staying at the Inn while i am in london :slight_smile: the 11th-16th :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Leeana… You’re a champ!!![br][br]Awesome!! I’ll have my phone on international roaming before i go so i’ll have to give you my number so we can organise somewhere to meet! I can’t wait! It’s going to be so cool!! Hey email me @ daniel_anning@hotmail.com[br]Facebook is blocked at my work and my net at home is still stuffed! :([br]Wicked!! Someone to walk round with whilst checking stuff out!![br]Apparently the changing of the guard at buckingham palace is a must see! Got any ideas of what you want to see??

there is so much that i want to see…[br][br]but i’ll see the changing of the guard with u :)[br][br]i’ll also have my mobile on roaming too :)[br][br]but ill send u an email :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak