$$ Spending Money $$

Hey all,[br][br]Just putting feelers out there to see how much people took (or are taking) on their tours?[br][br]I"m doing the Grand European on July 28th. So it’s a 28 day tour and I’m wondering how much spending money I should take to cover me for all the food that’s not catered for and of course all the extra stuff :)[br][br]Cheers :)[br][br]Colina[br][br]…grand european…[br]…July 28th 2009…

Hi, I did a 28 day one about 2 years ago and spent just under $3000. That was including all the extras, like parasailing and stuff. The thing i found expensive was food - its a lot more in europe then it is in aust. Eg. A cheap macca’s meal here is about $6 - there it works out to about $10-11. So budget a bit more for that :)[br][br]Red Star Special: June 14th, 2009 and Espresso Italia: September 13th, 2009

Hey, thanks for that. :)[br]Wow… i honestly didn’t think it would be that much[br]haha[br]but i guess everyone is different.[br]and i don’t anticipate buying any sort of souvenirs and gifts for people (as i’m moving to london straight after the tour)[br]but, it’s a trip of a lifetime, so in saying that, i’m not going to hold back enjoying my trip :)[br]Something to think about anyway :)[br][br][br]Colina[br][br]…grand european…[br]…July 28th 2009…

I’m taking around 1600-1800 Euro (the exact amount is going to depend on the exchange rate) for a 24-day tour

i didn’t think it would be that much either but at least i know now so i can prepare myself and try and save a bit more 8-)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

From reading other forums, people have budgeted for approx 75 euro per day, which I am working on for the grand european, that was allowing you to be able to do the extra activites, also remembering some days you are travelling on the bus, so wouldnt need as much, but it would make up for it another day if you wanted to spend something on souvenirs, or a night out. From what I gather this was more than enough, but good to have the extra if needed, better to have too much than not enough.[br]Hope this helps

Europe09 when is your Grand European trip?[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Heya,[br][br]So i just worked out that $75 euro equals roughly $150 aus.[br]That works out to be $4,200 australian dollars over a 28 day tour.[br]haha[br][br]I guess i better get saving!! :slight_smile: :)[br][br]Colina[br][br]…grand european…[br]…July 28th 2009…

nicoletta - My tour starts 7th April, approximately 10 weeks away. I think with the budgeting of 75 euros, thats being realistic, being able to have a great time, and not be limited to the things you can do due to lack of funds. I think its a once in a life time opportunity, so go for gold and enjoy it and if necessary, worry about the money situation when you get back, but at least you will have fab memories!!! Thats how I am approaching it.

Europe09 you will have to fill us in on your trip when you get back. I’m on the July 28th and sooooo can’t wait ;D[br][br]75 euros a day does seem realistic but i guess some days we’ll be using a lot less coz of travel days and others much more, like in the more expensive places.[br][br]I’m with you Colina, better get saving that extra bit harder :o[br][br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

to nicolleta and colina - i found that if u budget $100 (aussie) a day, you’ll be fine. the only thing i do recommend is try and save an emergency $500, or have a parent or someone that you’ve talked to that in case of an emergency and u need money transfered over, you can stress less. for example if you lose your wallet or need to go to the doctor - i saw a doctor in vienna for a throat infection, got a couple of antibiotics and paid over $450…of course i got it all back when i came home and claimed it on insurance - but i still needed to pay it at the time.[br][br]Red Star Special: June 14th, 2009 and Espresso Italia: September 13th, 2009

that’s some very good advice rmb… thanks heaps!![br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands