Southern nomad - may 23rd...anyone? aussie

HEY peeps,[br][br]I am going on the 10 day Southern Nomad camping tour from the 23rd of may till June 1st. Departing from london ending in Rome.[br][br]Im from Australia and will be goin it aloooone! Anyone else doing the same tour or have done a camping tour and care to share their experience and advice?[br][br]Thanks for your help![br][br][br]Corey :slight_smile:

I’m going on the Southern Nomad trip on May 2! [br]Too bad, it would have been nice to find someone beforehand, as I’m going alone also! :)[br][br]HAVE FUN![br][br]~Southern Nomad, May 2009~

ohh buggger!! well at least i know plenty of ppl go alone!

Going alone is fine! don’t stress! I did the southern nomad trip last year, and went alone… was so much fun! u meet great ppl! prob bout half were also traveling alone (others were in couples or pairs of friends but they mingled with all of us) [br][br]U’ll meet great people and have a blast…[br][br]Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions bout wat it was like…[br][br]happy travelling[br]rikki

[quote]Originally posted by missrik[br]
Going alone is fine! don’t stress! I did the southern nomad trip last year, and went alone… was so much fun! u meet great ppl! prob bout half were also traveling alone (others were in couples or pairs of friends but they mingled with all of us) [br][br]U’ll meet great people and have a blast…[br][br]Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions bout wat it was like…[br][br]happy travelling[br]rikki[br][/quote]

Hey Nikki,[br][br]Thanks for the response! so far no one has come in as having done the tour lol![br][br]So yeah…tell me all about it! What was the best, what optional excursions did you do etc… [br]Was everyone there to just get pissed? (cus im not into that)[br]How old were u on it? (I’m 18)[br]How much money did you spend a day?[br][br]sorry but i gotta milk u for all ur worth! haha[br][br]Cheers,[br][br]ttysooooon[br][br]Corey :slight_smile:

Hey corey,[br]Nah thats fine, i luv telling ppl bout my trip cause it really was awesome![br]It was so good… 12 days (when i did it it included venice too) was perfect, enough time to make great friends but not enough to get sick of camping and busing etc.[br]The travel days can be really long (bout 9-10 hours paris-latterbrunen, and i think that was the thing i was freaking out most about but its not so bad, and u fit so much in so few days that sometimes the travel days r nice just to get to relax and chill out…[br]The tour leaders r great! Heinz (our trip leader) was awesome![br]We did all go out and drink every few nights but it isn’t just a booze cruise (cause thats not wat i was looking for either). And u r given heaps of freedom so if u don’t want to go somewhere then u don’t have too…[br]I was 19 when i went on the trip and was travelling alone. bout half the ppl on the trip were Aussie or NZers, bout 3/4 were travelling alone (which was great, even the couples and friends mingled well with everyone), and ages ranged from 18-30 (quite a few 18/19 year old ppl, some gap students too)[br]I spent bout $800-$900 over the 12 days (including optionals, food, etc).[br]Optionals were great… some were very expensive (eg switerland jungfrau) but it is something u only do once in ur life… [br]Good optional: Paris cruise (great fun to mingle with ur new tour mates), nice dinner (not on the list but some tourleaders offer it), florence walking tour (free!), florence red garter (free - great night!), rome walking tour (included - great way to see all teh sights and get a hang of getting around).[br][br]Optionals that I prob wouldn’t do again:[br]* Switerland-jung frau mountin - would have been great if it wasn’t terrible weather… there was a blizzard so we couldn’t even go outside so we were stuck in the tourist centre at the top of the mountain. Maybe just check wat the weather is like before u agree to the optional.[br]* Vatican - it is so busy that staying in a big group drove us nuts… there were like 3 groups combined in our tour so it was like 70 ppl and it just took too long to get to anywhere. Other ppl went into the vatican not in the group and just got an audio guide which was much much better! and they got into the vatican bout the same time we did despite the queue.[br][br]Hope this helps… feel free to ask more questions[br][br]Happy Travelling![br]Rikki[br]*