Sleeping bag?

I’m going on the Eastern Spirit tour and was wondering if I need a sleeping bag, or if all the places we sleep supply bedding?[br][br]Thanks!![br][br]Annabelle[br]Eastern Spirit July 15 '09

hey, there’s another topic on this if you look around a bit on here.[br][br]Meredith Fraser[br]Olympic Link Aug 7 - 27

yep there is another topic on the forums. ppl recommend taking a compact sleeping bag cos sometimes the sheets arent very warm. i think, depending on the trip whether or not to take one.[br][br]Even tho its summer time… im gonna take one with the hood part. One of my friends did a contiki not long ago n she said to take a pillow slip.[br][br]Edit: Found a post from admin… all euro club and euro camping trips, you must take a sleeping bag. Due to summer, take a lightweight one. It will not accrue to ur baggage limits. [br][br]Eastern Spirit is euro club so yes u need to take. Incase u end up with no accomodation due to last minute changes.[br][br]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[br]Spending over 2months in Europe travelling.[br][br]Summer Fun n Sailing July 24th - Aug 18th[br][br]Ibiza, croatia sailing/greek island sailing, possibly checking out Poland, Oktoberfest then home! :frowning:

Thanks for the replies and info!!

Just clarifying there is a post from Anita in admin as follows:[br][br]You don’t need a sleeping bag on our hotel trips as you are supplied with bedding throughout the trip. It was our mistake and have taken it off the list now.[br][br]Just clarifying as i’m on the euro hotel and started to panic thinking i needed to take one! [br]

oh really? i didnt read that. hehe [br]im doing euroclub. ;D [br][br]from wat it sounds like, its possible the sheets might not be the cleanest in some of the places. i guess its topdecks way of saying everyone take one to reduce complaints. i have a sis that complains if the smallest thing in her hotel room isnt right n demands a better room. lol :stuck_out_tongue: [br][br]i also read Anita write that if topdeck makes the mistake of last minute changes n mis-book ur accomodation… i guess u will have to sleep in the bus? so thats another reason they want u to take a sleeping bag.[br][br]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[br]Spending over 2months in Europe travelling.[br][br]Summer Fun n Sailing July 24th - Aug 18th[br][br]Ibiza, croatia sailing/greek island sailing, possibly checking out Poland, Oktoberfest then home! :frowning:

[quote]Originally posted by Euge[br]
[br]i also read Anita write that if topdeck makes the mistake of last minute changes n mis-book ur accomodation… i guess u will have to sleep in the bus? so thats another reason they want u to take a sleeping bag.[br][/quote][br][br]Hey… just wondering where you read this![br][br]Meredith Fraser[br]Olympic Link Aug 7 - 27

Nic, [br][br]You are correct. It says euroclub and eurocamping. I misread it. Apologies.[br][br]merefraser,[br][br]See link/quote below. As mentioned above I misread the post and it states euroclub and eurocamping. I bumped the topic too so its easier to find.[br][br]
http://www.topdecktours.co.uk/topdeckforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1255
[br][br][quote]Hi All,[br][br]On Euroclub trips we strongly recommend that you take a sleeping bag. Although most of the accommodation we use will provide you with bedding, if we need to change the place we stay at the last minute, you may end up without bedding. Please also remember that it can get cold at night.[br][br]Having said that, for a summer trip you won’t need a heavy duty sleeping bag - a lightweight one would do fine. If you decide to take a sheet instead, it is your choice but you would be much more comfortable with a sleeping bag.[br][br]Wishing you all a great trip![br][br]Cheers,[br][br]Anita[/quote][br][br]Regards, [br]the random person trying to help but not helping. :-[[br][br]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[br]Spending over 2months in Europe travelling.[br][br]Summer Fun n Sailing July 24th - Aug 18th[br][br]Ibiza, croatia sailing/greek island sailing, possibly checking out Poland, Oktoberfest then home! :frowning:

Hi Guys,[br][br]Just to clarify: you can use the sleeping bag whilst travelling if you want to have a snooze on the bus / want to get over getting up early / being tired etc.[br][br]We don’t use the coach for accommodation - hotel nights are spent in hotels, EuroClub is hostels, cabins, the yacht etc. and camping is in good camp sites, spacious dome-style tents, twin-share: as per your itinerary.[br][br]Wishing you all a fab tour![br][br]Cheers,[br][br]Anita

OK, thanks for the clarification, Anita. I would have been super mad if we ended up having to sleep on the bus! >:([br][br]Meredith Fraser[br]Olympic Link Aug 7 - 27