Sleeping bag

Hi, [br][br]The suggested packing list includes a sleeping bag. I am going on the European Odyssey which is a Hotel tour. I was just wondering if this was essential or do people go comfortably without it?[br][br][br]Katie[br][br]European Odyssey 2 May 09[br]UK + Malta

Hello Katie,[br][br]You don’t need a sleeping bag on our hotel trips as you are supplied with bedding throughout the trip. It was our mistake and have taken it off the list now.[br][br]Have a great trip![br][br]Anita

What about the EuroClub trips? I saw that both sleeping bags and toilet paper were on the suggested packing list. Are these really necessary or are they just comfort items - say, if you’re not satisfied with the bedding or toilet paper provided by the accommodations? Like Katie asked, could I go comfortably without it?[br][br]If either some previous travels or an administrator could answer, it would be very helpful in my planning.[br]Thanks! ;D[br][br]-Jackie[br]European Pioneer

http://www.gogogear.com.au/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=145&cat=Sleeping+Bags[br]
[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

[quote]Originally posted by nicoletta0511[br]

[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands[br][/quote][br][br]Summer Fun and Sailing [br]July 3, 2009[br]:slight_smile:

Hi,[br][br]I’m doing the Spirit Of Europe tour which is falls under the Europclub trips, please tell me we don’t have to bring our own toilet paper, i’ve never heard of this unless yourn camping it and roughing it. Admin, please confirm if I need my own toilet paper supplied?[br][br]Nicole, I bought the same sleeping bag also for my trip, it’s very compact and very easy to put away after use and it only cost AUD$60 plus postage, worth it.[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig [br][br]Spirit Of Europe 12th May 2009[br][br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by nicoletta0511[br]

[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands[br][/quote]

[quote]Nicole, I bought the same sleeping bag also for my trip, it’s very compact and very easy to put away after use[/quote][br][br]Craig, i’m with you it is very compact but i’m finding it a little hard to pack away after i’ve taken it out of the bag. Is there some trick you have?? coz i’ve been practicing rolling and unrolling the thing so hopefully i’ve got it down to a fine art by the time my trip comes. :)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Sleeping bags that are compact should be stuffed into there bag, not rolled. Its easier and better for the bag if it is stuffed, but when you are at home then you should put it into stuffed into a larger and much looser bag.

[quote]Sleeping bags that are compact should be stuffed into there bag, not rolled. Its easier and better for the bag if it is stuffed[/quote][br][br]Thanks for the tip Samology ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Has anyone here seen the palm sized sleeping bag… I was thinking of getting one to put my things on a lighter scale… I just want to know if its convenient…[br][br][br]European Wonder 6th August -19th August 2009[br][br]Then Barcelona, Ibiza and Tomantina baby!!![br]:-*:o:-[8-);D[^][v]xx([8]:o)::):-/B):stuck_out_tongue:

[quote] Has anyone here seen the palm sized sleeping bag[/quote][br][br]That’s the one i was discussing about 6 posts up. I bought a really compact one from
WWW.GOGOGEAR.COM.AU
which fits in the palm of my hand but opens up to full size and has a warmth rating down to 10 degress i think?! :)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Yeah I want to get that one… so long as I won’t be too uncomfortable… like to turn… lol Is it just enough space to lie down like a mummy? :([br][br][br]European Wonder 6th August -19th August 2009[br][br]Then Barcelona, Ibiza and Tomantina baby!!![br]:-*:o:-[8-);D[^][v]xx([8]:o)::):-/B):stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Is it just enough space to lie down like a mummy?[/quote][br][br]I guess that depends on your own personal preference. I think it has enough room but you might want more. The only other thing i can suggest is finding a store that sells them and taking one for a test run in the shop :-/[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

thanks nicoletta0511 [br][br]been wondering what to do about a sleeping bag - now i know! buying one this week[br][br][br]:wink: if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun[br][br]* Pamplona 6 Day Fiesta 2009[br]* Athens to London July 13 2009

Guys, I don’t think you need a sleeping bag. My mate went on one of the Top Deck Tours in November last year and said it was freezing in Europe but said he did not use his sleeping bag once as the hostels were heated and provided enough blankets.[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

i agree and i wouldn’t normally take one travelling but im doing a camping tour this time around so i need one![br][br]:wink: if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun[br][br]* Pamplona 6 Day Fiesta 2009[br]* Athens to London July 13 2009

lol I am so going to try doing this in a shop then getting a photo of it ! for you Nicole hahahaha 8-)[br][br][br]European Wonder 6th August -19th August 2009[br][br]Then Barcelona, Ibiza and Tomantina baby!!![br]:-*:o:-[8-);D[^][v]xx([8]:o)::):-/B):stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]thanks nicoletta0511 [br]been wondering what to do about a sleeping bag - now i know! buying one this week[/quote][br]You’re welcome! ;D[br][br]I figured the sleeping bag may not be needed at the hostels but i’m planning on using mine as a blanket for the bus too 8-)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

You could always just bring a small thin sleeping bag and a light sleeping bag liner that you could use as a sheet! Neither of these would take up much room, but would be good to have.

i wanted to say thanks to Nicole as well.[br][br]I went on the gogear website and bought a sleeping back and travel towel. But i just want to buy more…big no no.[br][br]Carly