Sleeping bag and backpack. Need advice and Tips

I’m doing the European Wonder Tour, and I’m not sure if it’s really necessary a sleeping bag.[br][br]Also, how do you guys carry around the sleeping bag? Do you attach somehow to a backpack? What type of backpack to buy for this sort of Tour? I’m trying to pack as light as possible, I don’t want to carry around to much weight, but at the same time, not sure what to take with me and how to pack, including the sleeping bag…[br][br]Any advice and/or tips?[br][br]Thanks Much…

Hi[br][br]I?m also going on the European Wonder tour and was wondering the same thing. At the moment I?m swaying towards not bothering with a sleeping bag and just taking a sleeping bag liner thing which will take up a lot less room. I?m picking it?s going to be fairly hot at that time of year, and sharing a room with other bodies will heat the air even more! If it?s particularly cold one night I?m sure you can rent some sort of bedding, or just wear extra clothes. Am interested to hear what others suggest though. [br]

Val,[br][br]When is your Tour?

hi! i am doing the european wonder 11th june - are either of you on the same trip? [br][br]re the sleeping bag, i am not taking one. i want to travel as light as possible. i am taking just a light fleece throw which will double-up as a cushion for the bus and a blanket if i need it. i think the weather will be fine, it’s june so i don’t think it will be cold at all overnight, but then i am used to the scottish/irish weather and therefore even a hint of a nice day and i think it’s a heatwave …haha![br][br]Emz[br]European Wonder[br]11Jun-24Jun 09

I’m on the 11th june trip too and i’m just taking a sleeping bag liner. If i dont use it its not such a waste.[br][br][br][br]Loubelle[br][br]Generator Hostel 10th & 24th June[br]European Wonder 11th-24th June[br]

I’m on the 11th june trip too and i’m just taking a sleeping bag liner. If i dont use it its not such a waste.[br][br][br][br]Loubelle[br][br]Generator Hostel 10th & 24th June[br]European Wonder 11th-24th June[br]

Hey, I’m also doing the European Wonder Tour (Aug 13th-26th), and was ALSO wondering the same thing, lol. [br][br]I was looking at buying a light sleeping bag, but they all look fairly bulky and thick for sleeping in hostels. I think it will be quite hot in hostels but I guess it depends what your used too. I was thinking of just bringing some “sleep sheets” for the hostels or something like that.[br][br]For the bag, I’m borrowing my girlfriend’s backpack. Its the kind that has wheels and is sort of a dufflebag style, since it has a big opening on the front, but also has backpack style straps. I think its 110 Litres. This is what it looks like: http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302699795&PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524442506335 [br]She used it for 6 months in Australia, and it worked great![br][br][br][br]

My tour starts May 28, yep, it’s here already hehe.[br][br]Like MattU mentioned, I also looked at some sleeping bag and they do look bulky and all, still trying to find something lighter, gotta find something soon though.[br][br][br]About the backpack I want something that I can attach the sleeping bag on the backpack… still looking also.[br][br]Thanks for the responses… :slight_smile:

Hey Matt[br][br]I’m also going on the European Wonder tour leaving on the 13th August, i’m so glad to find someone else going!! I have a friend lending me her travelling sleeping bag which packs really well, it’s tiny. I’m so exicted 10 weeks to go and counting![br][br]Nicky :slight_smile:

Could someone please tell me what they mean by a frameless bag?[br][br]

Hey Nicky, thats great to find someone else on the same tour! [br][br]Yeah I don’t think my bag will be able to attach a sleeping bag very well. Not sure what to do about that. I think the bag that I’m using would be considered to have a “frame” on it, so i guess anything with out the frame on the back is “frameless”? Not sure exactly.[br][br]European Wonder Tour Aug 13-26th, 2009[br]London, Belgium, Germany solo till Sept 10