Sky diving Switzerland

Hi.
My friend and I are booked on the Grand European tour on the 7th of July. I have heard from past Top Deck travellers that there is an option of sky diving in Switzerland but it does not say so in the book or online. Is there anyone who has done this before and is it still available?

Hey~ ^^
I’m booked on the grand european may 8th.

I was also planning on signing up for the skydiving in jungfrau/tyrol or paragliding in tyrol…
there’s a htge-optionals 2011 pdf file posted on the grand european page …
I think they ask if u want to participate in the activities as they go…

hopefully the weather would be good for a skydiving when we get there :slight_smile:

I’m also on the grand European 7th July! And really want to do the skydiving in Switzerland. I’ve read it on last years list of optionals so hopefully we can do it this year! I’ve had friends that have done it and said its amazing!!!

Hi, i did the sky diving last summer and it was amazing because it was from a helicopter it was different then a plane so its a must, one recomemdation is to ask to jump in the morning then go up the glacier where u can spend the day there, i jumped in the afternoon and only got an hour on the glacier and was really expensive for just an hour, so jump in the morning!!!

If you can’t do it through top deck it’s no big deal, when you get to Switzerland go for a walk down the main street into town. There is a small cafe that’s run by australian/kiwi’s and from there they actually sell a lot of extreme sports. I guy on our tour went down there the first day we arrived and booked for the following morning, as said above jumping from a helicopter rather than plane. I’m not sure what the cost was, although he did mention it at the time and it was a lot cheaper than it costs in australia to do… which was a suprise given everything in switzerland is expensive!

Thanks everyone! Sounds amazing, a definite must!! Big thanks to Trent atleast I know where to go if top deck aren’t offering it.
Sam I think you have spoken with my friend Amy? We are goin together! It’s great to hear from someone who is on the same tour! Can’t wait! :slight_smile:

Hey guys.

I am going on 3rd july on 24day trip round Europe and the sky dive in Switzerland does really interest me (despite being scared of heights!)

Odd question to ask, but how much do you fell the pull on your shoulders/neck from parachute? Just got bit dodgey neck/back but my ciropractor said i should just do it!!

[quote=36461]Hey guys.

I am going on 3rd july on 24day trip round Europe and the sky dive in Switzerland does really interest me (despite being scared of heights!)

Odd question to ask, but how much do you fell the pull on your shoulders/neck from parachute? Just got bit dodgey neck/back but my ciropractor said i should just do it!![/quote]

It isn’t harsh on your neck really. I found it far more stressful on the groin region (note to self, don’t wear jeans again).

Great experience. Thoroughly recommend it.

its not a top deck option. they pretty iffy about the whole thing. you can do it but its totally up to the traveller, and with switzerland it also depends on the weather. so good luck, it changes rapidly up there

It’s an option for European wonder for 430 swiss francs. From the posts I’ve read on the internet, they say that your pay your tour guide and it really is up to the weather. To get a definite response from topdeck team, ask them on the facebook account. They usually reply within 24hours!

ADDIT: I would do this optional, BUT it’s so expensive!!

Hi all,

You can do skydiving as a Topdeck Optional with SkyDive XDream in Luterbrunnen, Switzerland (depending on weather). Like all other Optionals you pay when you are there.

This video will show give you an idea what it’s like

Topdeck Team