"Sixpence" - 1986 Tour

Going back abit here - anyone from my trip?[br]Richard (Kiwi) was our Leader. [br]Last person in contact was “Ivan” (Aussie) years ago.[br]

Hi Deb[br]I topdecked on ‘PigPen’ in 1986-central Europe and as a 20 year anniversary draws nigh am planning to assemble a webpage and try and contact some of my travel colleagues. Hence my search for ‘1986’ on the forum revealed your post. I remember ‘Sixpence’ and I have a feeling our busses crossed paths at some point in travels (italy-spain…?) in June/July. May not have been your tour though.[br]Cheers[br]AB

Hi Deb[br]I topdecked on ‘PigPen’ in 1986-central Europe and as a 20 year anniversary draws nigh am planning to assemble a webpage and try and contact some of my travel colleagues. Hence my search for ‘1986’ on the forum revealed your post. I remember ‘Sixpence’ and I have a feeling our busses crossed paths at some point in travels (italy-spain…?) in June/July. May not have been your tour though.[br]Cheers[br]AB

Great to hear from someone from 86! My tour was Spain/Europe Jul/Aug. Had a great time. 20 years? Would be great to contact others from that era.

Thanks Deb. It seems my encounter with ‘Sixpence’ was the tour before yours. I am currently summarising my journal for the 20th anniversay web pages I am assembling and found the entry. Our bus met up with Sixpence on 27 June 1986 at the campground we stayed at on edge of Venice. It was a big night with Sixpence top deckers invading PigPen for an ensuing all night party on what was a very hot (weather :wink: night. I note the party finished around 4:00am. I’m glad I have made notes because I would never have remembered all that. I know it was a different tour but in a few weeks I will have a link to my top deck pages at my website (www.acbishop.com) and if interested you will be able to see a few pics of the familiar double decker buses and 80’s youngsters generally having a good time. Should rekindle a few memories. Oh to be 20 years younger :wink: Cheers AB

Thanks Deb. It seems my encounter with ‘Sixpence’ was the tour before yours. I am currently summarising my journal for the 20th anniversay web pages I am assembling and found the entry. Our bus met up with Sixpence on 27 June 1986 at the campground we stayed at on edge of Venice. It was a big night with Sixpence top deckers invading PigPen for an ensuing all night party on what was a very hot (weather :wink: night. I note the party finished around 4:00am. I’m glad I have made notes because I would never have remembered all that. I know it was a different tour but in a few weeks I will have a link to my top deck pages at my website (www.acbishop.com) and if interested you will be able to see a few pics of the familiar double decker buses and 80’s youngsters generally having a good time. Should rekindle a few memories. Oh to be 20 years younger :wink: Cheers AB