Silly suitcase Q

Hi
I’m just wondering, I have a hard shell type suitcase - is this allowed? I thought it would be ok but then some of the things I’ve read have confused me

It’s allowed, I took a hard shell suitcase on my Europe Uncovered tour July 2010 :slight_smile:

Hi Emily, just to let you know each person is allowed 1 item of standard size luggage (backpacks only on a EuroCamping trip) plus a day pack (and sleeping bag if on EuroClub or EuroCamping trip). The maximum weight of your main bag must not exceed 44lbs/20kgs. Size for all bags must not exceed 70cm x 45cm x 25cm. Due to strict weight regulations for coaches in Europe, passengers whose luggage exceeds 44lbs/20kgs will be asked to off load the excess on the departure morning.
We also request that passengers do not use hard-cover suitcases or hard-framed backpacks as these can get damaged under the coach and just as easily damage other passengers’ luggage.

Hope this information helps :slight_smile: if you have any other questions, please just shout.

Cheers,
Topdeck Team!

Ok this says yes…

and this says no…

[quote]We also request that passengers do not use hard-cover suitcases or hard-framed backpacks as these can get damaged under the coach and just as easily damage other passengers’ luggage.
[/quote]

eeeek

If it helps, it is one of these suitcases http://www.luggageonline.com/product.cfm?product_ID=13823 the shell is plastic so I don’t see how it could damage other luggage?

The one I took was very similar to the one you have. Many other people on my tour had the same kind of thing and it wasn’t an issue :slight_smile:

Excellent, I think I’ll just take it :slight_smile: